Carlos's Contract

Carlos revealed on Biggs' show last night that he is out of contract and he is happy working without a contract. Jack Charlton did the same.

Carlos also revealed that he was hurt by some of the stuff posted on twitter.

Carlos is now in a position where he decides if or when he leaves and for what reason or reasons.

I don't want him to leave as I believe that he will improve Sheffield Wednesday year on year for a long time to come. But all this can be put asunder by duffers, abusers, malcontents and the uninformed and uneducated.

So I say to those current and future detractors show him the respect and common decency that is due to a decent and respectful man, never let yourself become abusive and trust that Carlos will know if and when he can no longer move the club forward and hand over at that time a strong stable club capable of joining,, but preferably remaining in, the elite.

Just now, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Agreed OP.

Also, it makes you wonder what use contracts actually are nowadays in professional football. It seems whether you have one or not, it has no impact on whether you stay or leave the club in the end.

I think players/managers prefer them just because it provides financial security. They've got a guaranteed wage for multiple years, and if they're sacked they face a major pay-off. 

If it was my money - the harsh reality is that if we got promoted - I'd be wanting somebody with a proven PL record.

£100 m per year is too much to be crossing your fingers and rolling the dice.

I know that sounds harsh and most will disagree but if it was seriously your money wouldn't you at least have a careful think about it?

2 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

So he'd work on a rolling contract?

That's interesting.

No he doesn't have a rolling contract. He simply does not have a contract. A rolling contract starts new each day. So a one year rolling contract for instance starts as a new one year contract every day until it is cancelled. This means that one years pay becomes due on cancellation.

18 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Never seen any abuse and the day will never come when highly paid Managers decide when they leave.

Chairman stumping up the money make that decision.

Me neither actually, criticism but not abuse.

I think it's only right we're waiting to see where we are come June.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If it was my money - the harsh reality is that if we got promoted - I'd be wanting somebody with a proven PL record.

I know that sounds harsh and most will disagree but if it was seriously your money wouldn't you at least have a careful think about it?

Yep

Guest mrbluesky
9 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

So he'd work on a rolling contract?

That's interesting.

Iz u a bit fik?

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Who though?

I could argue Moyes has a proven track record, did excellent with Everton, was doomed from day 1 at Man United.

Absolute catastrophe at Sunderland.

To flip it on it's head, when Southampton appointed Pochettino he was completely new to English football.

He couldn't speak a word of the language. No experience at all. Fantastic appointment.

6 minutes ago, nebneeb said:

Who though?

I could argue Moyes has a proven track record, did excellent with Everton, was doomed from day 1 at Man United.

Absolute catastrophe at Sunderland.

To flip it on it's head, when Southampton appointed Pochettino he was completely new to English football.

He couldn't speak a word of the language. No experience at all. Fantastic appointment.

Marco Silva

1 minute ago, parkerowl said:

Yeah I'm on twitter too, like I said, saw plently of criticism but no direct abuse.

I'm not on twitter so bow to your greater knowledge. Something happened there though to make him come off of twitter. On the biggs show he said he will not go back on twitter even though there was plenty of support for him too.