2 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

Think you'll find the majority did not want Carlos gone. I'll hold my hands up and say that there were a few doubts that started to creep in for myself (never voiced online) but at no point had I decided that Carlos should go. I think that was the case for most fans. I can't think of any manager I'd rather see achieve promotion with Wednesday and just hope the idiots on twitter etc haven't tainted it for him.

What I can't get my head around is Carlos has managed in Turkey. The football followers there are freakin' psychopaths. If you lose a game to your biggest rivals, you get hate mail threatening to burn your house down while you are at home with your family. Or the Head Coach's photo with a noose around his neck left on his car. I am surprised Twitter isn't water off a ducks back compared with what he would have faced there.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

What I can't get my head around is Carlos has managed in Turkey. The football followers there are freakin' psychopaths. If you lose a game to your biggest rivals, you get hate mail threatening to burn your house down while you are at home with your family. Or the Head Coach's photo with a noose around his neck left on his car. I am surprised Twitter isn't water off a ducks back compared with what he would have faced there.

Do you know that's what happened or assuming?  

9 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

Think you'll find the majority did not want Carlos gone. I'll hold my hands up and say that there were a few doubts that started to creep in for myself (never voiced online) but at no point had I decided that Carlos should go. I think that was the case for most fans. I can't think of any manager I'd rather see achieve promotion with Wednesday and just hope the idiots on twitter etc haven't tainted it for him.

He's worked for bigger clubs than Wednesday, you cant tell me that Besiktas didn't give him grief every time something went wrong.

I don't know how many games you go to, but the general consensus was that it was time to go.

If he does, then he does. The club move on.

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Generalised :)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1279707/turkish-hooligans-announce-their-arrival-at-euro-2016-with-baseball-bats-and-meat-cleavers/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/may/13/violence-killing-turkish-football-fenerbahce-besiktas-galatasaray

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2644493-turkeys-great-survivor-mehmet-the-spider-topal-set-for-key-role-at-euros

There are tens, if not hundreds, of non-official word-by-mouth accounts of Turkish fans threatening players/managers also. Their fanaticism towards football is a different level to it is here in England.

Just now, Holmes said:

So what are you saying?  That it's ok to be abusive towards people cause other people are abusive?  Not quite clear what point you're trying to make?

The point is clear. No, it is not OK but I am surprised, given Carlos' experience in that kind of environment that he cannot let it wash and just get on with other things. Or perhaps he does and whilst it may be unpleasant, he can accept it and laugh it off to some degree.

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

So what are you saying?  That it's ok to be abusive towards people cause other people are abusive?  Not quite clear what point you're trying to make?

He's making the point that Carlos has managed in Turkey, where the fans can react to a loss in violent, frightening and unpredictable ways. In comparison, we have just had a few trolls who have had a go at the manager on social media. 

I don't think he's suggesting that what our fans have done is 'right', but that in comparison it's strange he is complaining about it when he will have faced much worse in Turkey.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

The point is clear. No, it is not OK but I am surprised, given Carlos' experience in that kind of environment that he cannot let it wash and just get on with other things. Or perhaps he does and whilst it may be unpleasant, he can accept it and laugh it off to some degree.

I

I suppose it's how thick skinned you are, must get to you after a bit and I can understand anyone not wanting to put up with it. 

If I'm honest I think the abuse took Carlos by surprise.

Last season the expectations were considerably less. He was like a breath of fresh air as an individual and his football inspired a sucess starved fanbase. The day at Wembley was a magical one in every way bar the result... Everyone was disappointed, but still had huge respect for what he'd achieved and love for him as a bloke.

After all that I think he put Wednesday fans on a pedestal (something we are all prone to doing)

This season as expectations rose and the team stuttered, people began to get frustrated, critiscm was understandable, but personal abuse is never acceptable.

Rather than the big loving Wednesday Family he'd experienced just a few months before, he realised that there are just as many clueless, offensive morons who wear blue and white as there are in the rest of society.

Think he's still coming to terms with that fact

10 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

There's a reason I don't and never will use Twitter or Facebook.  

It gives moronic people an outlet to spout complete and utter rubbish that they really shouldn't be allowed to have.

Often hidden behind anonymity. 

There was some abuse on here but I think for the most part it was expressions of frustration and some genuinely held opinions which were then debated. Some of the statements that were tweeted were unacceptable, and impossible to counter other than subscribing and becoming a part of the nonsense. I also don't have twitter or Facebook or any of the other forums for this reason. 

CC is a decent hard working talented football coach. I'm really angry he had to go through any personal abuse.  These aren't the fans of this club that I know and respect.