55 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

There's a reason I don't and never will use Twitter or Facebook.  

It gives moronic people an outlet to spout complete and utter rubbish that they really shouldn't be allowed to have.

It is also an excellent way to keep up with a match if you are out and about etc. You are allowed to follow official accounts and ignore the nobs.

22 minutes ago, Holmes said:

He must be lying then.

Probably deleted it just like I would. 

Facebook and Twiter isn't just about telling world a bit of info even if it's for one person, they're is private messenger just like on here. 

Its great for announcing things like a new addition to family or sharing holiday photos. 

Much cheaper than going to star or advertiser and paying over an hundred quid. 

Personally I like to brag when I'm away on holiday knowing everyone else is at work. Nice little photo with a pint at side of pool. lol

Edited by bradowl

1 hour ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

There's a reason I don't and never will use Twitter or Facebook.  

It gives moronic people an outlet to spout complete and utter rubbish that they really shouldn't be allowed to have.

You do realise that every time an owlstalk poster,  posts on this site saying they are in the know its probably posted on twitter first !!!       UTO 

Just now, bradowl said:

Probably deleted it just like I would. 

Facebook and Twiter isn't just about telling world a bit info even if it's for one person, they're is private messenger just like on here. 

Its great for announcing things like a new addition to family or sharing holiday photos. 

Much cheaper than going to star or advertiser and paying over an hundred quid. 

Personally I like to brag when I'm away on holiday knowing everyone else is at work. Nice little photo with a pint at side of pool. lol

You rascal 

9 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

It is also an excellent way to keep up with a match if you are out and about etc. You are allowed to follow official accounts and ignore the nobs.

That's what I use twitter for. Best way especially when abroad for instant updates of what's going on in game. 

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

That's what I use twitter for. Best way especially when abroad for instant updates of what's going on in game. 

Same here, yes it's populated by nob heads but so is the real world. I just do what I do in the real world, ignore them and get on with my day.

Can anyone remember the Stork advert with the slogan "most people can't tell Stork from butter"?

My Grandad used to say in reply...    

"well most people are ignorant b**tards".

(Not withstanding the fact that he was a Glaswegian with type 2 diabetes, so was probably directly referring to any confusion over saturated and unsaturated fats)... He was right

Most people haven't got a clue. Social media magnifies this, so we tend to only pay attention to the idiots.

It doesn't make the medium itself bad per se. As people have said there are plenty of useful and positive tools offered by Twitter etc. Sadly most people don't have the capabilities to use them effectively, so instead post pictures of their tea or insult people.

Not being able to tell the difference between margarine and butter!?....

FFS!

The one thing I just don't understand is how footballers use social media.

I am 'friends' on Facebook people I actually know.  If I passed them on the street and wouldn't know who they were or I wouldn't stop and say hello to them I do not add them as friends.  Why on earth do footballers let any Tom, wee pipe or Harry 'friend' them?  I have all my posts on Facebook so only my friends can see them and nothing can be shared out of my friend group.  Why do footballers not do the same?

Why any of them would go on Twitter, I have no idea.  Mental!

13 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I am 'friends' on Facebook people I actually know.  If I passed them on the street and wouldn't know who they were or I wouldn't stop and say hello to them I do not add them as friends.  Why on earth do footballers let any Tom, wee pipe or Harry 'friend' them?  I have all my posts on Facebook so only my friends can see them and nothing can be shared out of my friend group.  Why do footballers not do the same?

Because they love it when people tell them how amazing they are.

Egotistic nightmares.

11 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Because they love it when people tell them how amazing they are.

Egotistic nightmares.

Or no doubt they can brag amongst themselves about who has the most followers and s h i t like that.

32 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Social media is the norm for the under thirty's they have grown up with it so don't have the same perspective as the older generation.  

The vast majority have access to social media so it's so easy to hide behind the computer screen and chuck a few hurtful messages out, without giving it the same consideration as if you were face to face with someone.  People use it to get their frustrations out and fall victim to their insecurities, preconceived ideas and bias. 

Sad really as it can be used for so much good.

1 hour ago, Adam1867 said:

So Carlos cant hack abit of stick on twitter. He's in the wrong game if he cant handle criticism.

He quite rightly got criticised for constantly playing an unbalanced side and his recruitment had been poor, we have won 6 in a row so he gets away with it. But after that Barnsley equaliser, the majority wanted a change.

Needs to man up, get on with the job and get us promoted.

Think you'll find the majority did not want Carlos gone. I'll hold my hands up and say that there were a few doubts that started to creep in for myself (never voiced online) but at no point had I decided that Carlos should go. I think that was the case for most fans. I can't think of any manager I'd rather see achieve promotion with Wednesday and just hope the idiots on twitter etc haven't tainted it for him.

2 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

Think you'll find the majority did not want Carlos gone. I'll hold my hands up and say that there were a few doubts that started to creep in for myself (never voiced online) but at no point had I decided that Carlos should go. I think that was the case for most fans. I can't think of any manager I'd rather see achieve promotion with Wednesday and just hope the idiots on twitter etc haven't tainted it for him.

Fortunately, I assume Carlos is smart enough to realise that such idiots are a fact of life at any club.