New LED Flood lights

19 hours ago, crookesowl said:

No we haven't bought them (sadly). But, as per Chelski I think the pre-match light show / entertainment looks awesome on the TV and in the stadium. 

Chelsea apparently play a heartbeat pulsing through the darkness and echoing round the stadium. 

If we want to move this club forward this is the type of thing we should be doing, in my opinion. Thoughts? 

Ohhh, how I hark back to the days of Bovril, a pie and swearing at the opposition whilst looking forward to getting home to warm up in front of the fireplace listening to the results and report. 

20 hours ago, crookesowl said:

No we haven't bought them (sadly). But, as per Chelski I think the pre-match light show / entertainment looks awesome on the TV and in the stadium. 

Chelsea apparently play a heartbeat pulsing through the darkness and echoing round the stadium. 

If we want to move this club forward this is the type of thing we should be doing, in my opinion. Thoughts? 

I saw one at the Nou Camp for their traditional pre-season game a couple of years ago which was way better than that.

It's alright as something for the kids and as a one off for big games but sort of loses its effect and interest if its every game.

Guest The Claw

they saw the light show at hillsbro and copied it (obviously spent a bit more on it tho)

Times change usually but not always for the better. Eg  I remember pre 'waterfront' music. It seems normal for the teams to come out to loud music now I did not like it when it was introduced. It disturbed my pre match 'power nap'. lol

Edited by Geedee

On 04/05/2017 at 22:22, chilvinho said:

These floodlights are mandatory at Premier League grounds.  Frequency of current floodlights induce flicker on 4K super slow motion TV replays.

if promoted Wednesday would have to spend around £10m on mandatory upgrades such as Two TV studios, 32 camera positions, enhance depress facilities including mixed zone etc etc.

Only just catching up with this thread (I'm not weird - I was just wondering if not having those massive floodlight pylons has lost Sheffield Wednesday business in terms of future fans as in years gone by you could see the ground from miles away lighting up the sky - therefore advertising the club)

But the bit above about all those new camera positions is interesting - where would they be and how would they be integrated into Hillsborough?

Owlstalk Shop

On 04/05/2017 at 21:43, crookesowl said:

Could do with the lights turning off for the first half and turn them back on for the second half

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Far more important to build the business of the club 1st.

Things like this are just gimmicks.

But in turn would enhance the match day experience (for kids)  which could drive up night time games attendance adding to business.

Unlikely but you never know.

Still think as a club we should go for a full day match experience similar to man city, instead of turning up at 2.50 if your sober and 3.05pm if tanked up.

Pity we didn't get the Wednesdayites car park, Would have been ideal. 

Utilise the Hillsborough swimming pool - (if its still there been a while!) for a couple of hours Saturday morning's with the mascots there and any adult and child ticket gets free entry to Ozzies pool party.

Move onto the Wednesdayites car park for bands, shows, few drinks and maybe get some catering there too. 

Similar to owls in the park but smaller.

And if the football does fail you like most weekends then at least you still have a good day minus the 90 mins. 

The ticket price expense would include all this and kids will always spend thier dads money on bric brac aswell like a limited edition watch. 

Just think the club miss a trick here with the success of owls in the park.

Sure Neil could provide the bands for an evening with Madine in the bath alone.