hi ho silver lining

16 hours ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

who thinks It needs dropping and replacing with something better to get the fans going

I'm not going to neg this as it seems that loads already have, but this has to be one of the most ill thought out posts in the history of Owlstalk. May I suggest that you cannot have been at S6 for the Newcastle or Derby games, because I can assure you that Hillsborough was rocking when Hi-Ho Silver Lining was being sung.

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 17:26, stevie snerklebox said:

I'm not going to neg this as it seems that loads already have, but this has to be one of the most ill thought out posts in the history of Owlstalk. May I suggest that you cannot have been at S6 for the Newcastle or Derby games, because I can assure you that Hillsborough was rocking when Hi-Ho Silver Lining was being sung.

yes I was

rocking while the 'song ' was on then complete silence 10 seconds later

10 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

yes I was

rocking while the 'song ' was on then complete silence 10 seconds later

so we have  a song thats rocks the stadium and you want shot of it coz they have to turn it off when we kick off .......what do you think should replace it that will have us singing for 90 minutes  

Love Hi Ho and hope we stick with it

I do think and have thought for years that we need our own anthem though. Hi Ho is great but we also need something that belongs to us like Stoke have Delilah and City Blue Moon

But Hi Ho should still be blasted out regardless

5 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Love Hi Ho and hope we stick with it

I do think and have thought for years that we need our own anthem though. Hi Ho is great but we also need something that belongs to us like Stoke have Delilah and City Blue Moon

But Hi Ho should still be blasted out regardless

we used to have" singing the blues" which i dont think anyone else had ........

4 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

On a family holiday in Ibiza when I was a nipper in the late 70's, staying at one of those hotels where they had "entertainment " on round the pool and Silver Lining was played, I always remember a Man U fan commenting that only "Sheffield" fans sung it!

Had a chat with a Wolves fan in the Fat Cat the other year, after we'd played each other and he said they adopted it after hearing us sing it??

Either way, that opening few bars always sends the fur up, we do it better, regardless of who adopted it first.

Always look on the bright side of life was ours n'all!  Fv.ck what the Mancs say!

sure wolves always ran out to a " BOOKER T" number back in the day

On 04/05/2017 at 17:54, asteener1867 said:

Its the only song The South knows, You change it now and they're f.ooked, unless we start doing "White cliffs of Dover " or summatt, owt else it will take 'em 10 years to catch up

All together now  .......

There'll be Owls over

The South stand of Hillsborough

Tomorrow

Just you wait and see lol

Well Sunday at any rate

On 04/05/2017 at 07:39, HIGHERSTATE said:

Only because wolves sing it as well

As my hull supporting gfriend never stops reminding me 

You appear to have a yellow/old gold problem here ladies.

Sort it for your peace of mind.

On 04/05/2017 at 06:54, Mr Farrell said:

What about using one of the songs on Seths new CD ?

Some crackers on there.

Come on biggsy stop promoting that ballon face Seth will you