'Wednesday Player' new deal - £110 per season

Guest mkowl
9 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

They don't care about stamping it out whilst ever media outlets are paying BILLIONS for the rights.  Do you think the Premier League care about the multiple online streams every week?  Nope, that's Sky and BT's problem.

I agree with a contract in place it is the TV companies problem but it's no surprise the PL are actively protecting their copyright. Without that the TV companies may well reduce the bidding in the future. I think it totally freaked Sky that the viewing figure drop was primarily caused by illegal streaming

In future we will be able to watch any game live on PPV or subscription.  

It's a no brainer. 

The likes of Man United will probably be the first team to go this route as you cannot get a ticket for a home game unless you are on a waiting list or a season ticket holder.

TV coverage is changing hands and being spread across different platforms, tv advertisement is changing and more focus being put into social media. The whole landscape is changing gradually.  

This overseas subscription is just the first step.

The next question is pricing? Do they charge you half the price of a match day ticket per game?

Edited by iliveinthenow

1 hour ago, iliveinthenow said:

In future we will be able to watch any game live on PPV or subscription.  

It's a no brainer. 

The likes of Man United will probably be the first team to go this route as you cannot get a ticket for a home game unless you are on a waiting list or a season ticket holder.

TV coverage is changing hands and being spread across different platforms, tv advertisement is changing and more focus being put into social media. The whole landscape is changing gradually.  

This overseas subscription is just the first step.

The next question is pricing? Do they charge you half the price of a match day ticket per game?

You can already watch every Man utd game.

Its called Sky Sports 1

Continents move quicker than the media industries when it comes to this sort of thing. The music industry should have noticed that in late 90s Napster showed the desire for downloading music and created their own download platform then. Instead they got the courts involved and by the time they realised it could be a new revenue stream Apple had beaten them to it. Netflix has done likewise with TV/film - not the actual studios.

Whilst it's great this new live football stream service is going to be launched, it's still too far behind the times. There is a market for fans to watch their own team only online but it's only for overseas fans? UK fans are happy to pay for this, but cannot. It doesn't even directly compete with Sky because they don't show every game anyway. Why would I want to pay a huge monthly fee to watch other teams? I'm interested in my team - and if a proportion of the money I pay goes directly to SWFC rather than that bellend Murdoch then I'm even more likely to part with my money.

An online away ticket for UK fans makes sense but it wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't happen for years. In the meantime, the rise of Kodi streams will have broadcasters getting the lawyers on the line instead of working out how to make money from UK fans using this tech. The sports industry is making the same mistakes as the music and film industries as far as I'm concerned...

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Anybody with a VPN can sign up for this and watch Wednesday in the UK

Be nice for games I cant get to ..... Might it be that that you need to sign up with foreign address and overseas registerd bank account though? someone mentioned that possibilty

How does this work?

My mother has a property in Spain, she makes 2 or 3 trips out there every year and stays between 2 and 6 weeks

If I buy this, and register it to her address in Spain, how do I watch it in Sheffield?

Its just for the away games

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

How does this work?

My mother has a property in Spain, she makes 2 or 3 trips out there every year and stays between 2 and 6 weeks

If I buy this, and register it to her address in Spain, how do I watch it in Sheffield?

Its just for the away games

Fly to Spain every other week. :ph34r:

35 minutes ago, woodys said:

Be nice for games I cant get to ..... Might it be that that you need to sign up with foreign address and overseas registerd bank account though? someone mentioned that possibilty

Could you just say you were going backpacking for 12months?