'Wednesday Player' new deal - £110 per season

That would have suited me this season here in France, but pointless registering if we're going to be in the Prem.

Should the world fall apart in the meantime, happy to arrange bank accounts etc over here for anyone who needs one. (For a small fee, £110 should do it).

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

How long before there is an option for UK customers to purchase away streaming season tickets 

Can see that as the next logical step

If the game is being streamed to pay per view, there will always be a FREE live stream 

Guest mkowl

See I would happily pay £100 for a reliable and guaranteed streaming service for away games. I don't get the obsession with free because in the end there will be no content to watch free

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, aeroswfc said:

It's unfair it's only available to overseas fans though.

Protection of domestic TV rights and indeed match day revenues

21 minutes ago, mkowl said:

See I would happily pay £100 for a reliable and guaranteed streaming service for away games. I don't get the obsession with free because in the end there will be no content to watch free

I think the point is more that it's not and never will be available to UK based folks.  So streaming from free sites will be the only option.  I'd pay £100 a year for all away games.  I'd probably pay up to £10 a game on a pay per game basis.  But it's not an option.

Just not bothered...

31 minutes ago, mkowl said:

This is the way it will go - eventually a price point that works will be found to allow people to access high quality streams rather than the unpredictable 'free' streams via Kodi etc.

if we were in the Prem if happily pay £100 a season for a reliable 1080p stream of all our away games.

11 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I think the point is more that it's not and never will be available to UK based folks.  So streaming from free sites will be the only option.  I'd pay £100 a year for all away games.  I'd probably pay up to £10 a game on a pay per game basis.  But it's not an option.

Eventually it will be available in the U.K. Because those providing 'free' streams will always be one step ahead of those trying to stop it.

Look at other forms of online entertainment- the evolution of music downloads as an example. Services like Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Prime provide a good revenue stream and exist alongside the multiple other ways of downloading music, because they're reliable and reasonably priced.

Movies will shortly go the same way, with new releases available much faster for home viewing- probably within a month of cinema releases.

It's only logical that this will go the same way. The EFL and the PL know they can't stamp it out if they want to sell worldwide rights, so they need to find a model that generates a revenue stream instead.

38 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Eventually it will be available in the U.K. Because those providing 'free' streams will always be one step ahead of those trying to stop it.

Look at other forms of online entertainment- the evolution of music downloads as an example. Services like Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Prime provide a good revenue stream and exist alongside the multiple other ways of downloading music, because they're reliable and reasonably priced.

Movies will shortly go the same way, with new releases available much faster for home viewing- probably within a month of cinema releases.

It's only logical that this will go the same way. The EFL and the PL know they can't stamp it out if they want to sell worldwide rights, so they need to find a model that generates a revenue stream instead.

They don't care about stamping it out whilst ever media outlets are paying BILLIONS for the rights.  Do you think the Premier League care about the multiple online streams every week?  Nope, that's Sky and BT's problem.

Just not bothered...

Guest mkowl

That was my point just not as well explained.

They would always protect the TV revenues, If you read the proposal then it even said the foreign streams would not be available for those chosen by the overseas broadcast holders

I agree that eventually being able to access here in the UK will arise. I have accessed streams before but tbh it's a right faff and to pay a tenner to guarantee access would be fine by me.

But I am funny like that I still pay for music and indeed in the main acquire a physical copy. I like ownership. Part of that is where does new content come from if someone is not paid for it. In the same way vinyl is coming back - In a ubiquitous world we start to favour quality over quantity.