Forestieri & Fletcher To Start

Just now, Sultan_Pepper said:

Give Rhodes and Hooper a run out on Sunday with FF on the left so they can get some fitness  then back to what we know works for the play offs I think

Not a bad idea, to rest Fletcher, who is our only striker who is scoring at the moment and a definite start in the play offs.

However it sounds like FF would benefit from not playing & more rest.

I reckon Rhodes & Hooper will start on Saturday, both vying to start with Fletcher in the PO's.

29 minutes ago, TheGiantOwl said:

Is it bad I want Winnall and nuhiu to start? Know it's risky but feel like they deserve a game. I also don't want any big names to get sent off or injured.

On Sunday we want Nuhiu, Winnall and Hirst.

Rhodes, Hooper, Fletch and FF should be sat feet up watching the 3.15 from Hexham. (Edit Songs of Praise)

Edited by Holmowl

2 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Of course this chart is basic, it meant to be.

Bur FFS if this chart is unfair on anyone, it's Rhodes, as you mention.

Hooper has played a decent amount of game, but yes missed the middle third.

Youre right in say the chart is basic ...

its basically nonsense! 

Interesting chart, but does it give ALL the information Carlos will look at?

I reckon he takes into account the opposition full backs, the centre halves, how mobile are they?..

We saw Fletcher bullied out of it for large parts the other week, was it Cardiff?, but against others he can be the bully...If the centre halves are less mobile such as the movement of Hooper and Rhodes can cause them problems, I honestly don't see it as simplistic as "who are our "best 2 forwards"..

I think theres more to the equation

Edited by asteener1867

I think Fletcher may well score the goal/goals that get us promoted. Big game player and we've got a few of them particularly Ross Wallace. Got to keep him fit and fresh at all costs.

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I just don't know though.

We have never scored a goal when Rhodes has not been on the pitch.  Therefore, we cannot say that any combination that doesn't involve Rhodes has had any success whatsoever.

In fact every strike partnership that doesn't involve Rhodes has completely failed!  Jeez, not to score one goal!

The team in general seems to play better with Hooper.

So for me, when we get to the play offs I would still like to see Hooper and Rhodes up top with FF on the left.  This combo has never been tried so we can't say it will work.  Its just all the stats seem to point to the fact that this has to be our best lineup.

Hooper is my favourite player and Fletcher is banging in the goals. But, like you, I can't reconcile not having Rhodes in the starting line-up. In fact, it makes no sense not to have him on the field for the full 90. We know he is fit as a flea and 90 minutes is no problem for him.

When a team scores ALL its goals with a certain striker is on the pitch, how can you not play him?

Here's the striking partnerships for our 11 goals since a defeat:-

4 Rhodes, Hooper and Fletcher

3 Rhodes and Hooper

2 Rhodes and Fletcher

1 Rhodes, Nuhiu, Nando

1 Rhodes and Winnall

(and a partridge in a pear tree)

But Fletch has four of these 11 goals.

Blooming tough call between Fletcher and Hooper, but I simply can't see any reason for Rhodes to be sat on the bench.

Edited by Holmowl