1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

We get and use the ball better with Lee and Bannan. Even away from home.

We need an attacking threat. 

They work well as a pairing, but so does hutch and Lee for different reasons. This is what I'm trying to say we have good options and I'd feel safer away to reading and under the cosh a bit late on or trying to close a game out with hutch and Lee. If we're chasing a game you'd want Lee and Bannan. it gives you the options, to rest one of them too. Depending on what result you need in the game. 

4 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Shouldn't go straight back in with the way things are going, however he is very useful to have back for the last few games, he's an upgrade on Semedo if he needs to come on and see a game out, he's also cover for CB, that wouldn't actually weaken the side if we lost one of the regular CBs.

Could still have a big part to play, just please, please do not put Bannan on the wing again, ever.

Fortunately, Carlos seems to be as big a fan of Reach as he is Bannan, so those days are hopefully over.

Understatement of the year award goes to this fine effort from Lee A.

Hutch is an upgrade on Semedo.

Really really really hope you are right about Reach abd Bannan. My heart sinks when I see a third CM on the teamsheet.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

What in your opinion has improved Bannan? Has he changed his own game, or is it having first Jones and now Lee working closer with him, rather than the isso

ated role he plays when Hutch drops between the CBs?

Bannan is tidy on the ball, but he's clearly happier sitting deeper and picking up the loose ball, playing passes for forward players etc, let's be honest when he's expected to be the attacking CM he's going to struggle.

Both Lee and imo Pudil have given him something extra to work with, Lee makes great runs into the box which creates space, Pudil overlaps more than others which gives Bannan another option besides the sideways pass out wide, ( the Ipswich goal, a few weeks ago that goes back inside to somebody like Jones or a steady pass out to Reach, the overlap was perfectly timed )   it just allows him to pull the strings because he has options, but he also has time and space to pick the right one.

28 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Most think Carlos will never drop Bannan. Plus, he is in good form.

Certainly cant see Lee sitting out.

So, for those that want Hutch back in, presumably you see Reach dropping to the bench and us adopting that 3CM approach again?

IMO it was horrible and strangled the team. Results before and after we stopped it would suggest this too.

This is my worry as well. Really hope Carlos has learned his lesson here.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Don't know where he will play. but he will. Probably be Bannan on the left and either Reach left-back or right wing.

Please stop.

Its worse than the Cybermen. I wont sleep tonight.

26 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We get and use the ball better with Lee and Bannan. Even away from home.

We need an attacking threat. 

This? With a team that can field Hooper & Fletcher, leaving FF, Jordan Rhodes, Winnall, and yes. Nuhiu, on the bench, and still win? 

Like it or not, our problem lies in the fact that a) we keep conceding goals, often early,and coming from behind and b) we still cannot seem to 'close a match down' when we're in front.

28 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Its good to see someone change his views on a player. Many folk see only their view (says me).

What in your opinion has improved Bannan? Has he changed his own game, or is it having first Jones and now Lee working closer with him, rather than the isso

ated role he plays when Hutch drops between the CBs?

I dont think he has changed his game, although like others (Fletcher being another) he has upped his effort levels a bit. I feel when he plays with Hutchinson or Jones, he isnt good enough going forward to be the out and out attacking midfielder, which he needs to be with these two. 

Alongside Lee, between them they provide a decent balance or attacking and defensive abilities. Bannans lack of goals is compensated by Lee as well. Im all for changing the team as and when required, but right now other than Sunday this does not need to happen. 

Reach has been excellent lately.

So has Wallace, although he does seem to tire.

Bannan is much better now that Hooper is back, and Lee. And as someone said earlier, Pudil too. He now has more options to go forward and is central to our attacking play. It's no coincide that these three "middle to forward" players, and Reach's greater movement, have brought the best out of Bannan.

Hutch is a better defender, protects the back four better, but he lacks creativity and attacking threat. Dropping Bannan for Hutchinson (or dropping any player for that matter) would be a negative move and put us on the back foot. 

If fit, Hutchinson in for Fulham, but out and onto the bench for the play off, home and away.

All those unsure about Bannan, watch his role in our winning goal on Saturday. he picks the ball up  under pressure from a defender, moves into space and plays an incisive throughball, the move breaks down and he does exactly the same allowing Pudil to put the ball in for his more advanced partner, Lee to nip in. In a game of tight margins, which no doubt the playoffs are going to be this could be crucial.

15 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Never thought I'd say this, and I'm being a hypocrite myself here, but you simply can't drop any of Reach, Bannan, Lee or Wallace with the form they are all in at the minute.

Stop on!

You can add Pudil to that list aswell.

But if Barcelona won 6 games in a row without Busquets and Messi in the team would they be on the bench the next game they were fully fit.

No.

That's the point I am making. Neither will the likes of Hutchinson or Forestieri either.

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Stop on!

You can add Pudil to that list aswell.

But if Barcelona won 6 games in a row without Busquets and Messi in the team would they be on the bench the next game they were fully fit.

No.

That's the point I am making. Neither will the likes of Hutchinson or Forestieri either.

If Barca had lost 4 out of 6 matches and been heading out of qualifying for the CL, yes they would sit out.

And while Nando and Hutch are super players, no way are they as important to us as the Barca boys.

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If Barca had lost 4 out of 6 matches and been heading out of qualifying for the CL, yes they would sit out.

And while Nando and Hutch are super players, no way are they as important to us as the Barca boys.

True they are not. But they are indispensable members of our team. and those type of players play in important matches.