Our Year

This year could very well be our year imo.  

Last season we missed out on promotion by a very fine margin.  A single Mo Diame goal was enough to secure the game for Hull.  

Last time out in the playoffs, our fans were superb throughout.   We even packed out Wembley in the playoff final like we had been there before.   

Our fans will be the 12th man when it comes down to the nitty gritty.  In fact there will be more of us this time around, :manager:

This I believe will be the determining factor that differentiates our success.  

2 hours ago, Neal M said:

I'm 43.

And Wednesday have only spent 15 of those years in the top flight.

I'm 58 in a few weeks and during that time we have spent 9 seasons in Div 3 and 23 seasons in Div 2. Bloody shocking for both the club and the city and Utd's record is even worse!

For a city of Sheffield's size the simple truth is that we really should have two top flight teams. Both clubs have massively underachieved.

Picked my son up from work earlier tonight and he hit the nail right on the head, last season Hull were not that good a side, they ground out results and mostly won by the odd goal. He said that Carlos learnt from the playoff final and we have played a bit like Hull this season and ground out a lot of results, BELIEVE, this is our year.

at it (supporting )since 57 seen it all,ups downs and bloody sideways , 64 now and time is running out , hope we get it this year for people as old as me ,and especially for the youngsters they deserve it after all the struggling they have seen , and through all that stuck with us ,

I just feel this time things are different. Yes expectations will be greater and we might even be favourites in the play-offs?

We've been solid if unspectacular this season but going in to the last international break of the season, it's as if Carlos sat all the squad down to watch a re-run of the play-off final and the pain of last season returned and the penny finally dropped with regards to what's at stake and we've developed a meaner streak for the run-in.

I just don't believe we're going to let the opportunity slip this time :manager:

10 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I was eighteen too.

we got relegated at just the wrong time, literally just before premier league money exploded and with the Internet and extra media coverage came in to play too. 

I swear a lot of people think the premier league started after 2000. The amount of times I'm asked by football fans if Wednesday were ever in the premier league (mostly by younger people). 

I feel life can be too short and I want to see us enjoy that new premier league experience at least once. Hopefully it's coming very soon 

You can throw in the lack of parachute money and the collapse of ITV Digital to the reasons why the timing of our relegation was so catastrophic.

Add to that the hapless, relatively penniless board of the time whose only interest was protecting their own assets and you can understand why it's taken so long to get back to where we are now. 

It could even have been worse- look at the collapse of relatively large clubs such as Portsmouth, Bradford and even a relatively well run and funded club like Utd. 

I have a feeling IF we do this is it's going to feel pretty emotional to say the least for those that have witnessed the fall and rise.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

7 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

at it (supporting )since 57 seen it all,ups downs and bloody sideways , 64 now and time is running out , hope we get it this year for people as old as me ,and especially for the youngsters they deserve it after all the struggling they have seen , and through all that stuck with us ,

Same age as me Trev...We've just got to hope haven't we?...Oh what a picture you can paint then ..