Our Year

This is the year for us long suffering fans! Last year i always thought that Hull were too strong for us. This time round we haven't played the same Champagne Football but things feel right. Momentums on our side, we've got a changeable strikeforce to adapt to any situation, Lees back, Lee back. 

Lets be positive.....UTO!!

Getting past Brighton last season was more of a surprise and relief than expectation at the time (prior to the first leg), this season comes with a different kind of pressure as we could well be going into all three games as favourites...

Brighton showed that doesn't mean much last season, but we've got a great opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I was eighteen when we were relegated from the Premiership.

I will be 36 in two weeks time.  That's half my life we have been outside of the top flight.  

:ghoulguy:

I'm 43.

And Wednesday have only spent 15 of those years in the top flight.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

To be honest, I thought last year was our year. The semis just went our way each time. Injuries, floated goals away from home. 

I knew we had really struggled to get at Hull in either game. Then on the day they held us at arms length like a superior boxer. But they kept missing! I was seeing the time drag on and I thought, we might nick this or take it to pens. But then Diame ruined the prophecy.

I haven't had that feeling about this season at all. But in fairness we have started to fulfill our potential in the last month and we have looked very focused in the face of adversity. Something that was lacking in big games earlier this season. If we keep our cool and if luck is even kinder this year, you never know.

Another play off defeat doesn't bear thinking about 

9 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I will be 36 in two weeks time.  That's half my life we have been outside of the top flight.  

I was eighteen too.

we got relegated at just the wrong time, literally just before premier league money exploded and with the Internet and extra media coverage came in to play too. 

I swear a lot of people think the premier league started after 2000. The amount of times I'm asked by football fans if Wednesday were ever in the premier league (mostly by younger people). 

I feel life can be too short and I want to see us enjoy that new premier league experience at least once. Hopefully it's coming very soon 

6 minutes ago, Neal M said:

I'm 43.

And Wednesday have only spent 15 of those years in the top flight.

Basically enough is enough.  

We have been languishing in the lower divisions for far too long.  

We have plenty of younger supporters who no doubt have never seen us play in the Premier League.  

I truly hope the younger and the older fans get to see us back where we belong. 

21 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Snap! 36 on 16th may. Half a life of suffering. Watching tin pot clubs like Bournemouth, Bolton, Wigan etc in the prem ahead of us!

I was 21 when we got relegated from the Premier League and I said to anyone that listened that Wednesday would never be there again in my lifetime. I'm now 37 and absolutely certain we're going to be promoted this year. Which means I'll probably die with 5 minutes to go in the final. Hopefully we'll be 6-0 up at the time and I'll die happy

2 minutes ago, tommypolyfilla said:

I was 21 when we got relegated from the Premier League and I said to anyone that listened that Wednesday would never be there again in my lifetime. I'm now 37 and absolutely certain we're going to be promoted this year. Which means I'll probably die with 5 minutes to go in the final. Hopefully we'll be 6-0 up at the time and I'll die happy

You best take it easy for the next month mate. Don't tempt fate!