Fulham Sold Out

19 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

It was the first time I cried over Wednesday watching that on TV. We'd been to the first final but couldn't make the replay. I gave it the brave face to my mum n dad and then went and sobbed in my bedroom.

I was about 12 I think.

lol

I was 22. I cried.

A lot.

How did Bright hit the post fro 8 yds when easier to score. Deflected shot that led to the corner in injury time. And then Woods falling back into the net.

That still hurts me today. If ever a team deserved a trophy that season. We were brilliant 

Just now, BRADDO said:

I was 22. I cried.

A lot.

How did Bright hit the post fro 8 yds when easier to score. Deflected shot that led to the corner in injury time. And then Woods falling back into the net.

That still hurts me today. If ever a team deserved a trophy that season. We were brilliant 

Bright's miss signalled it wasn't going to be IMO. Likewise, couldn't believe he missed..

Woods flap confirmed it 

34 minutes ago, sage owl said:

The only time I've ever walked out of a ground with that many Wednesday fans in complete silence.

Oooh....from that split second when it went in...people talk about deafening silence, it really was, it's hard to think about it. Anyway...upwards now...we are definitely on our way back :-). UTO.

4 hours ago, smhouston said:

Genuinely not bothered where in the top 6 we finish. If we don't win the final then it's all pointless anyway. We proved last season we can win with the 2nd leg being away

I've never understood the reasoning behind the belief that playing the second leg at home to be advantageous. Lose badly in the first game and the tie is all but over!

I always imagine the battery life commenter to be sitting in their antique, high backed leather armchair, cross-legged in their personal library/study, surrounded by mahogany clad walls and furniture, thousands of books and a roaring open fire. Naturally they'd be sporting a silk robe, reading glasses and deer stalker hat ( the whole shebang). 

"As old man Carruthers gently placed his pipe down beside him on the table, he smirked to himself as he exhaled the remaining pipe smoke through his nose and past his thick, grey moustache. "Gotcha" he said to himself, as he scrolled through the recent owlstalk posts. "Got another!" He cried out to his assistant in the next room. "Another bloody fool's uploaded a screenshot from their smartphone, when are they going to learn to keep these damned things on charge!? 16%?!! This one's a sodding moron." And with that he began his devilish response post-haste. You. Should. Get. That. Thing. On. Charge. Pal... he typed, only dreaming of the plaudits he would be due to receive for bagging another.

Once he had written his message and clicked send, old man Carruthers put his pipe back in his mouth, parted his robe, and began his customary victory masturbation into his waste paper basket.