Jordan Rhodes yesterday

Didn't post this last night as I didn't want it to appear a negative point after a very positive performance.

But did anyone else think his work rate looked well below par yesterday when he came on? He wasn't harrying the opposites in his usual way and seemed sluggish to me. He looked like he'd played 80mins not 20.

Could he be carrying an injury? Or have face on for being left out of the 11? 

Genuinely not a critiscm, just an observation

2 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Didn't post this last night as I didn't want it to appear a negative point after a very positive performance.

But did anyone else think his work rate looked well below par yesterday when he came on? He wasn't harrying the opposites in his usual way and seemed sluggish to me. He looked like he'd played 80mins not 20.

Funnily enough, I noticed this. He looked knackered after 5 minutes. 

I thought the same. I was there when he scored four for Huddersfield so I know he's class.    For some reason its not working for him here.  No idea why.  Suppose its cos he feeds on crosses and we aren't always good with the service.   No matter, Carlos has more decent strikers to pick from than I can remember. And I've been going since the fifties.  Maybe he's not 100% match fit.  

I'm pretty sure he won't have the face on. From what I have heard he was the model pro at Boro despite being dealt with shabbily for ages.

He struggled to get personally involved, but given that we scored twice in the eight minutes after he came on he clearly had a very significant impact.

After the goal we switched to 451, leaving Rhodes totally isolated. He was never going to look good. When FF came on we reverted to 442 and they both tried hard but struggled to get into the game.

I don't worry about his effort at all. He is not a pacy harrier like Bannan or Nando. Perhaps that is why you got the impression he was not giving his all.

9 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Wasn't one player missing through illness?? If so could it be possible he we feeling offish/Ill buy end of bench?? Hope it's not spreading through team 

Don't think he's ever been blessed with blistering pace and natural fitness (unlike Kieran Lee) - strong at holding up, heading and finishing though. 

As said by others, been off the field for so long it's taking him a bit of time to get up to speed. 

Carlos virtually played Rhodes every minute when he first came here and rightly so what with his reputation and our need for goals. That is just catching up with him a bit now. Sure in hindsight Carlos may have liked to use him a bit less but injures didn't allow it.

He's too intelligent as a player to just chase around like a headless chicken. If you watched closey you would have seen that if FF was closing down the other available Derby player with him then he would press more but if not, what was the point in him taking himself out of the game i.e. it was better to sitslightly deeper and cover more ground/available Derby players.

i think the way he runs isn't the most aesthetically pleasing thing to the eye but he can't help that. It's one of the same reasons everyone hates on Atdhe.

God knows Wednesday fans love a trier - you'd rather someone who runs around like an idiot but is "giving it 100%" (May, Simek, Geary etc. etc.).