Obligatory Steven Fletcher Appreciation Thread

What a class act in the last month or so.  A huge part of the great run of form and doesn't get enough credit in my opinion.

Started the season well enough, had a dip but has come back into form at the right time.  After we signed Rhodes, if you would have said Fletcher would be keeping him out of the side I would have laughed at you.

Well done Steven Fletcher. 

Started well, seemed to lose his way with a recurring knee injury and then the suspension, but he's been reminding us what he can do recently. Especially now we look to play a bit more, for a while we just launched at him.

Im sure his goals have earnt us around 15 points this season. I thought 10 goals or so would be a decent return as the "target man" as I assumed we'd have Ff and Hooper getting similar amounts.

He should be doing for us what Glen Murray and Chris Wood have been doing for Leeds, he's looked more in that bracket recently 

Edited by Bluesteel

Mouthwateringly good set of forwards.. But we can't play them all  (but for a brief moment we did and scored!).. And then Fozzy came on... . 

Chansiri the God! 

Ps. Don't forget winnall -  I have visions of him scoring in the final! 

Edited by owls-swfc

12 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Excellent, I love a good phones-eye view of a Wednesday goal. 

Sadly, I still find myself staring at that bloody Presto Stand and shaking my head in embarrassment instead of appreciating a vital goal.

It's not as prominent from my seat in the north, so I sometimes forget what a shed that away stand is. 

Anyway - great win. Fletch is on great form at the business end of the season.

Edited by Owlsbornanbred

1 hour ago, Jowl said:

I thought he was poor today and last week in general. I would have subbed him for Rhodes. But fair play, he's turning up with the goals and making a contribution.

Long may it continue

Agree, thought he was off the pace today. Needed someone more direct alongside Hooper

The thing I don't understand about the people slagging him off earlier in the season is that the season wasn't over.

A player of his quality and experience was always going to make a contribution.

What ah asett he will be in the playoffs...

Just now, NYCOWL said:

The thing I don't understand about the people slagging him off earlier in the season is that the season wasn't over.

A player of his quality and experience was always going to make a contribution.

What ah asett he will be in the playoffs...

We were a bit static with him up top alone in the first half. Rhodes stretched the game much better 

For a supposedly ex premier league player, I expect much much more from him

He had a good game against Newcastle, but I expect that performance from him every week, he's an ex premier league player and current international

He was in the right place today for the goal, so I praise him for that

But taking the season has a whole

He's nudging a 5 for me, nothing more

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.