Carlos' Plan B

A few weeks ago there were people on here and on the radio with claims that Carlos doesn't have a plan B. Maybe this was justified at the time or maybe King Carlos just didn't have all of the right tools at his disposal at his time. 

Hopefully today puts that old cliche that to bed.

The plan B was playing 3 up front at Rotherham. We have stumbled into form, just at the right time. Carlos was staring down the barrel before that game, and has gambled, and won. Fair play, and we steam into the play offs bang in form, with most of the squad fit. 

6 minutes ago, zico.b said:

I'm still slightly frustrated.

Great momentum from the players and fans up to what turned out to be the winner, then..........

You can't argue that it worked, but why not go for the kill? IF Derby had put one or more of their later chances away, this place would be in meltdown.

I hoping we are on a slow build to a crescendo, but we are too nervy when trying to close a game out. We are much better when we put the opposition under proper pressure.

Agreed

11 minutes ago, zico.b said:

Great momentum from the players and fans up to what turned out to be the winner, then..........

You can't argue that it worked, but why not go for the kill? IF Derby had put one or more of their later chances away, this place would be in meltdown.

I hoping we are on a slow build to a crescendo, but we are too nervy when trying to close a game out. We are much better when we put the opposition under proper pressure.

Aye go for it then kop a sucker punch from Ince or Anya with their lightening pace 

Its nervy to watch when we defend the 18 yard line but they did it magnificently today 

2 hours ago, zico.b said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment this isn't football manager or fifa or something. He doesn't just decide to drop deep and defend and the players then magically do it. We we're winning so players will naturally take fewer risks. I'll admit Fletcher going to left side of midfield for 10 minutes was probably an order from the bench but it worked.

The 3 up top plan for Rotherham does seem to have worked and with such firepower on the bench it's always an option if needed. I thought we should have started that way against Cardiff personally and if we're in this division next season I suspect we'll play more games that way against teams that are not committing players forward themselves

Edited by Sultan_Pepper

2 hours ago, Miffed said:

A few weeks ago there were people on here and on the radio with claims that Carlos doesn't have a plan B. Maybe this was justified at the time or maybe King Carlos just didn't have all of the right tools at his disposal at his time. 

Hopefully today puts that old cliche that to bed.

Wait til plan C gets buzzin