We are the team to beat

Fulham are now the bookies favourites for promotion, which is quite a statement when you consider they occupy the last play off spot.

Brentford are a good team on their day though, as we found out and I can see them getting something at Craven Cottage.

Leeds are a good side at home and Norwich aren't great away, so it's quite possible there could be 1 point between Fulham and Leeds going into the last game.

We really need to but this to bed next week with a win, because if you factor a draw for us in with a draw for Fulham and a win for Leeds it looks like this after 45 games....

Owls 79

Fulham 77

Leeds 76

Leeds would have at least the same GD as us, meaning a win for them v Wigan and defeat for us to Fulham would mean this....

Fulham 80

Leeds 79

Owls 79

You have to think Huddersfield will pick up another 3 points somewhere, and Reading another one.

Hate to be a voice of doom on what's been a very positive day, but it's not all over yet folks.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

5 minutes ago, Dylan93 said:

Fulham scare me, score for fun. 

We are a solid outfit from front to back, and when was the last time we took a real beating? 

Going to Huddersfield and winning 4-1 is an eye brow raising result, but we aren't Huddersfield. I think we are physically and mentally strong enough to avoid that happening to us, even on a bad day, and as someone said above I think we have an air of professionalism and experience from the last 18 months in the group that Huddersfield don't. I also think our game favours teams that come at us. Where we've struggled this season is against teams that come to grind a result.

I'd be confident against Fulham over 2 legs and a final is what it is. Dont fear Reading or Hudds in any case.

Fulham Shmulham.

Our boys won't panic like other teams do when they attack us.

We don't even panic when we go a goal down.

At this point in the season I truly believe our lads expect to win every game we play.

We are the team to beat.

42 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

We are a solid outfit from front to back, and when was the last time we took a real beating? 

Going to Huddersfield and winning 4-1 is an eye brow raising result, but we aren't Huddersfield. I think we are physically and mentally strong enough to avoid that happening to us, even on a bad day, and as someone said above I think we have an air of professionalism and experience from the last 18 months in the group that Huddersfield don't. I also think our game favours teams that come at us. Where we've struggled this season is against teams that come to grind a result.

I'd be confident against Fulham over 2 legs and a final is what it is. Dont fear Reading or Hudds in any case.

You have some very good points, lets just see!

Problem with playing Fulham over 2 legs is you could be 3-0 up from the home game and still lose 7-5 on aggregate. They are definitely the team I would most like to avoid. 

Edited by Almat

3 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Fulham are now the bookies favourites for promotion, which is quite a statement when you consider they occupy the last play off spot.

Brentford are a good team on their day though, as we found out and I can see them getting something at Craven Cottage.

Leeds are a good side at home and Norwich aren't great away, so it's quite possible there could be 1 point between Fulham and Leeds going into the last game.

We really need to but this to bed next week with a win, because if you factor a draw for us in with a draw for Fulham and a win for Leeds it looks like this after 45 games....

Owls 79

Fulham 77

Leeds 76

Leeds would have at least the same GD as us, meaning a win for them v Wigan and defeat for us to Fulham would mean this....

Fulham 80

Leeds 79

Owls 79

You have to think Huddersfield will pick up another 3 points somewhere, and Reading another one.

Hate to be a voice of doom on what's been a very positive day, but it's not all over yet folks.

Come on. You have  loved posting this lol. (Joking)  

4 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Would be happy to face Fulham over two legs as they are the sort of team we do well against - a team who attacks and doesn't park the bus!

We gave far too much space to Derby today though

We have found a way to win games without the expansive football. We go up the gears when we need to, strike and then are professional in playing a game out.

We do look an experienced, strong side with a team full of know how and grit and determination - all that adds up to giving us a great chance, but we all know the play offs are a lottery.

Uwe Rosler did just say on ch 5 that the key to winning the is having your best players available, and it's looking good for us in that regard. Didn't know Huddersfield were missing Palmer and brown.