Poll: Man of the Match vs Derby County...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Derby County  

459 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Derby County?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Wallace
    • Lee
    • Bannan
    • Hooper
    • Fletcher
    • Reach
    • Rhodes
    • Semedo
    • Forestieri

1 hour ago, roundhayowl said:

Get in. First half I thought that we were clearly the better side but we just didn't create anything clear cut enough. Second half fair play to the lads - at 1-0 down and Derby pressing, it looked like the bubble may burst but we have so much firepower that I always thought a goal would come. Huge credit to Carlos as I had given up on him a few weeks ago - we've turned it around alright!

Westwood 8 - Unbelievable save at the end. Some of his kicks were poor - if he improved in this area he will be the perfect keeper.

Hunt 7 - keep giving me 7 out of 10 Jack and I am happy. He's really turned his form around as mid-way through the season he had completely gone. Seems a lot more confident and is attacking and defending well.

Lees 9 - Colossal at the back and drove forward with the ball well.

Loovens 8 - Overall, he was defensively very good bar one sliced clearance.

Pudil 8 - another solid performance from Danny. Defended well for the majority.

Wallace 8 - Is always involved when we score - a great ball to the back post. A positive, clever player who always wants the ball.

Bannan 6 - Didn't do it for me again. I left feeling I wanted more from him. 

Lee 8 - A great come back and was our best player first half. Positive drives forward with the ball. Kept popping up everywhere as he does.

Reach 7 - I thought he was wasteful in a couple of good positions and this is what lets him down. He is better with less time to think about what he wants to do. Still, he is as fit as a fiddle and kept going until the final whistle. He covers a lot of ground in midfield when we have our backs to the wall.

Hooper 9 - Every time he touches the ball he oozes quality. Great header for Fletcher's goal and a fantastic finish for the second. We really have missed him.

Fletcher 7 - Had a shocker of a first half to be honest, but recovered well in the second any got his goal. He always puts a shift in.

SUBS

Rhodes 7 - Worked hard again and showed some nice touches. As a few have commented, we always seem to score when JR is on the pitch!

Semedo 7 - Did well on the ball and didn't panic. Nice little cameo.

Nando 7 - Such a quality player to bring on. I was frustrated when he went through 1 on 1 - he went for the bloody penalty rather than just going to score. Bad decision...but I'll let him off as we won!

Carlos 10 - The subs worked and fair play for having the balls to go 4-3-3 for a period. He has really turned things around - well done Carlos.

Bannan was terrific in the first half. Faded out a little in the second but was a very good all round performance i thought. He takes a lot of stick but never hides.

1 hour ago, Liamswfc92 said:

Westwood: 7

-

Hunt: 7

Lees: 7

Loovens: 7

Pudil: 7

-

Wallace: 7

Lee: 6

Bannan: 5

Reach: 6

-

Hooper: 7

Fletcher: 7

-

Semedo: 5

Rhodes: 5

FF: 5

Bannan 5 is nonsense. He was easily our best player in the first half. Why does this guy get so much hate?

27 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

Westwood 6 kicking was dreadful ,superb save near the end

Pudil 5

lees 5

loovens 5

hunt 5. All defence was steady,few gaps left open in first 10 minutes of first half,conceded from a set price yet again

reach 6 few decent runs

bannan 4 just dont rate him,too slow and giving away easy passes

lee 5 decent comeback

Wallace 5 few decent crosses,nowt special

Hooper 6 assist and a goal

fletcher 4.5 was awful bar the goal

Rhodes 5 caused problems

Semedo 5 played well but need better

Fernando 4 was originally a 5 but lost a point for the embarrassing dive

overall a 5/10 performance

points all that matter now

Gibberish. Support your club.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

In our car one vote for Fletch and 3 votes for our MOM - GARY HOOPER

WESTY 8 bit flappy v Hughes but otherwise excellent and one world-class Banks-sequel stop low down

Hunt - 7 tireless but poor first touch in attack. His work with Wallace is so important to us.

Lees Loovens - 7 let a few players through and Bent had a farcical amount of space. Otherwise strong day.

Pudil - 7 very little play went left. Couple of great crosses though and worked really hard

Wallace -8.5 superb first half. Took his man to the bye-line in second minute and put some excellent crosses over. Did well when Lee went off in his central part of the 433

Bannan - 8 involved in most of our play. Superb effort. Good couple of passes into the danger zone

Lee -6.5 exhausted by HT and off the pace as you would expect. Love his effort. Worked well as always with Baz. A lot less space for oppos than usual because they work as a pair.

Reach - 7.5 poor first touch all first half. Should have done better in their box twice. Much better second half and put some excellent crosses in. Chased his nuts off.

Fletcher 8.5 great effort aerially and closing down. Terrific work ethic, especially in the 451 we reverted to after scoring. Won plenty in the air. Second half he and Hooper played superbly together and deserved the assist and goal each. 

Hooper 9 tried hard and some great work first half, but too far from their goal to harm. Second half got in their box more. Would you want that chance to fall to anyone other than Hooper?!?!? Brilliant work from him this afternoon. 

Rhodes, Semi and FF ran around but modest success.

FANTASTIC COMEBACK - UTO 

Only my opinion, but apart from the first 45 against Newcastle, in which I thought he was outstanding I think he's looked less fit the more time he gets.

I know most people are swayed by goals and wins so it's understandable that Hooper is getting the plaudits but to give him a 9 for that performance is laughable and to say he worked hard is even more ridiculous. 

He's technically very good but today wasn't his day and even when he's at his best he's never going to do a great deal of running. 

For his first game back I thought Lee was excellent. I also thought Loovens and Pudil looked steady with Hunt and Reach getting mentions for their sheer hard work 

1 minute ago, torres said:

Only my opinion, but apart from the first 45 against Newcastle, in which I thought he was outstanding I think he's looked less fit the more time he gets.

I know most people are swayed by goals and wins so it's understandable that Hooper is getting the plaudits but to give him a 9 for that performance is laughable and to say he worked hard is even more ridiculous. 

He's technically very good but today wasn't his day and even when he's at his best he's never going to do a great deal of running. 

For his first game back I thought Lee was excellent. I also thought Loovens and Pudil looked steady with Hunt and Reach getting mentions for their sheer hard work 

100% this.

Holmowl will always overstate Hooper's contribution though. 

33 minutes ago, Internationowl said:

Bannan was terrific in the first half. Faded out a little in the second but was a very good all round performance i thought. He takes a lot of stick but never hides.

Opinions ay. I thought Lee was far the better of the two first half. Overall, he did ok but I feel someone of his ability could and should impact a game more.

11 minutes ago, torres said:

Not sure what game you went to but it can't have been in S6.

4 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Voted Hooper: really didn't appreciate just how good a link up player he is until recently.

Honourable mentions to Lee, Reach and Loovens. Oh, and Westwood for the late save. 

Finally - well done Carlos for making the change when necessary, and for the team to show the required adaptability.

Me too, had never noticed it until Carlos mentioned it.

Westwood: 7 - Some good saves to keep us ahead, but distribution wasn't great.

Hunt: 7 - Good link up play getting forward.

Lees: 7 - A good performance at the back.

Loovens: 6 - As above for Lees, but the play slows down so much when he has the ball.

Pudil: 8 - A good defensive display and some good crosses going forward.

Wallace: 7 - Impressed when playing in the three in the midfield.

Lee: 7 - Showed why we have missed him so much, looking forward to him getting back to fitness.

Bannan: 6 - Didn't look good early on but grew into the game.

Reach: 6 - Didn't do anything very wrong, but nothing really memorable.

Hooper: 8 - MOM.  Good assist and goal.

Fletcher: 7 - Took up some good positions without service first half.  In position for goal.

Semedo: 6 - Did what was asked of him.

Rhodes: 7 - Three up front worked well and gave the opposition something to think about.

FF: 6 - Brought something different, but really should have taken that shot.

7 hours ago, joelswfc said:

Sounded like the formation change made a massive difference today. Wonder if that would work from the off in the future.

And it came at a time when Derby was starting to boss the game. I thought it was a mad substitution bringing another CF on for Lee when it was blatantly obvious we were getting overrun in midfield. Carlos shows again that he knows one way to defend, and that's attack. 

Reach for his graft,looked our most likely avenue for a goal and tracked back all game.

Hooper ran him dead close,hes back in the groove,thought Fletch did well today also,credit to Westwood,was there when it mattered,Loovens and Hunt played well and Pudil is comming on song just at the right time.

Bannan had a decent game in MF but what a joy it is to have Lee back,a little rusty,but his energy and vision have been sorely missed.

Not a great game,1st half was dire,but once they scored it spurred us on,Rhodes comming on was the catalyst for me,his awareness and movement is a cut above.