The Owls vs Derby County. Official Matchday Thread.

Just now, themaskedowl said:

I wondered the same. If KL needs to come off who takes his place? Might be some juggling required. I daren't hope that KL will be back to match fit straight away. 

I agree. Would have to put Wallace or Reach central and bring FF or McManaman on I think, unless we wanted Semedo on.

1 minute ago, themaskedowl said:

I wondered the same. If KL needs to come off who takes his place? Might be some juggling required. I daren't hope that KL will be back to match fit straight away. 

The good thing is that if he plays a part in the last 3 games he should be sharp enough to be influential in the playoffs if we get there. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Very surprised Lee is starting but not many options with Jones seemingly out and Nando not fit enough to start which takes away the Reach option in the centre.

Lets be honest, we all love him but nobody wants to see Semedo starting!

A very good day to you all, especially Pauli who must have close to a doctorate's worth of local history compiled in these match day threads. Perhaps we should refer to him as the learned Dr Pauli?

That head to head didn't make very pleasant reading did it? Ah well, today's the day for another hoodoo to end, after vanquishing Colin we must hope the players are in the mood to end another one. 

Strong team with Lee back but today is going to be a tough challenge no doubt about it. Two 4-4-2s so the midfield battle will be crucial. Lee and Bannan need to be on top of their games, scurrying around the more physically imposing presence of Bradley Johnson who will attempt to bully them. Adam Reach's effort will be at the maximum as usual, but we need his end product to much on a day where width will be much needed to give Lee and Bannan options to spray the ball out to. Hopefully our use of Fletcher will be a little more subtle than the hoofs lumped in his direction in recent weeks which has led to him being fairly invisible. A shame for Rhodes to miss out again but blimey what a lethal option to have coming off the bench.

With Rowett's well-drilled but uninspiring charges attempting to negate our threat today may not be pretty, but at this stage of the season who gives a rat's behind, three points by hook or by crook please Carlos. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Wednesday 2-1 Derby 

(Russell 25, Lee 45, Rhodes 89)