The Owls vs Derby County. Official Matchday Thread.

11 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Anybody know why I keep getting this warning. 

Screenshot_20170422-084832.png

Nowt to do with matchday thread or owlstalk mate. Your internet browser is arse. Maybe even the entire phone could be arse.

God I hate derby. Hate their stupid sheep badge, their stupid fans, their stupid stadium and their stupid players and manager. Stupid. A win today and I'll start believing. Bet we're moaning about the ref though at the end. We were robbed at the start of the season, being robbed at the end will bookend it nicely. 

Slightly pessimistic.  Player for player I think they are a little bit ahead of us.  Especially given our injuries: arguably our three best midfield players out (Hutch, Abdi, Lee) and FF struggling.  That's not surprising.  This is their fourth season as a side with promotion ambitions.  They have had twice as long to build as us.

Obviously that's not all there is to it and we clearly have been the better side this season.  We'd have been a further six points ahead of them but for the scandalous decision early in the game at their place.  But I still worry.

6 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Completely disagree.  For the obvious reason that we still have two tricky games left. But also surely we all would prefer Leeds in the top six to Fulham?  Fulham seem clearly stronger than Leeds at the moment 

I'd rather go to a Craven Cottage with a team that like to play an open game, than a packed Elland Road full against a big physical Leeds team we've lost twice to already this season. 

We are gonna smash the opposites today, I can feel it in me lime scale riddled water.

We got absolutely dicked over at their place when the ref decided to go goalie wag for a bit, that should be motivation enough.

We need a MASSIVE afternoon from everybody involved in that stadium today - team, coaching staff and fans.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

1-0

12 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I'd rather go to a Craven Cottage with a team that like to play an open game, than a packed Elland Road full against a big physical Leeds team we've lost twice to already this season. 

We won't be playing at elland road though.  It could only be in the final. Take your point but i think reading or hudds would beat leeds over two legs and i would prefer either to fulham. 

Morning chaps.  

Superb start to proceedings Pauli.

I've done my bit by carrying out a ritual burning of a pair of Bobby Davisons old socks which I found on E-bay to vanquish the hoodoo.

We've done our bit. 

The rest is up to the team now.

Today is the day. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

Edited by Lord Snooty