Sam Winnall ?

It was going to happen sooner or later.

It was clear from the very first game he played, that he wasn't up to scratch, and it's become more and more evident since.

Don't get me wrong, I can kind of understand why we signed him. For £500k, it was a risk free buy, but technically he's way inferior to any of our other attacking options. 

He's not been helped by playing in a position that he's clearly not able to play, the number 10. But, when you're playing up front alongside Rhodes, you aint going to get to play the number 9 role.

He's a player that thrives on space in behind, hence why he's scored goals for Barnsley. But, we don't get afforded that type of space, and as a consequence, our strikers need to be more adept technically than strikers at mid to lower table sides. 

We'll sell him in the summer, probably for about £1m, make £500k on him, but have to pay a chunk of his reported £16,000 a week. So we'll end up coming out of it about neutral. Risk worth taking, but it hasn't worked out, and was never honestly going to, once we signed Rhodes. 

Edited by frastheowl

7 hours ago, Grandad said:

Obviously you mean apart from when Nuhiu won the ball at the corner flag, nutmegged  their defender, ran into the box and set up FF in the 6 yard box? 

I must have missed that was hard to see corner area of pitch was do damm cramped at qpr