Ipswich

41 minutes ago, sage owl said:

We're going down for the weekend. Staying in the Mermaid. Any locals got any tips for places to try or avoid.

Obviously I'm not local but I've heard its nice around Marina now that a few new bars and restaurants have opened up. 

Only 10 mins walk to ground too. 

59 minutes ago, sage owl said:

We're going down for the weekend. Staying in the Mermaid. Any locals got any tips for places to try or avoid.

isaacs on the quay on the marina is nice especially in decent weather - Punch and Judy on Cardinal Park is a bit nearer the ground is ok - for a good range of ales - the Dove St Inn on St Helens St is decent - if you go to Isaacs/Dove St before the game -its a bit of a hike to the ground so best get a taxi- Not local but used to live in Ipswich - still pop down from time to time as have friends down there - so will be down for the weekend for the match. 

Ipswich is a bit of bobbar hole I couldn't agree more... If you are staying in Ipswich the marina area isn't to bad a few bars and restaurants.

If I was going to recommend any where I say stay in Bury St Edmunds its got loads of hotels restaurants bars etc plus a cracking night life then jump on the train in to Ipswich sat its a 30 min journey... 

13 hours ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

Any suggestions on where to watch the boxing on the Saturday night?

Was just about to post this. 

We are stopping over so hopefully there will be a few pubs showing the fight. 

Ill look into it