Your Dad.

Guest Buggleskkelly

My Dad never took me, and sadly passed two weeks ago. He wasn't into sport. I bet there are some lovely Wednesday father/son stories to be shared on here, but I can't offer one. 

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure you have your own stories of following the Owls and a whole load of different great memories of your dad. 

The first match I went to was Wednesday 3 Chelsea 3 in the 92/93 season. I was 8 and my dad picked me up and put me over the turnstile, my main memory of that game was one of the Chelsea players scoring a maradona esq goal, dribbling from the halfway line before slotting home. Ive been hooked ever since

True story:

I was 18 and on a YTS in '91, couldn't afford owt, £22.50 a week only got you so far!!

I bought a blue and white striped t-shirt from Barnsley market (£3), and glued, yes glued!  Sheridan to the back of it out of cut out pieces of lined A4 paper!!!

There must have been people at Trowell services later that day wondering why a skinny kid was walking round with "hian" on his back!!

Nice story mate, but you do realise you was frigging 18?

lol

I did similar, I wanted the green keepers top with finlux on it, I was 6 and my mother was skint so I used my green jumper and got my mum's mascara and wrote finlux on the front and 1 on the back. 

Didn't go down well. 

Never been to a match with my Dad as he's no interest in football.

Been to plenty of motorsport things with him though.

Tell him there's a great Speedway thread in the other sports section @dan27 and tell him uto from me. He'll know what it means. 

League one play off final 2005 was last true day out. Took him a few times since just random games. Unfortunately he was given less than 6 months to live due to two primary and one secondary cancer less than two weeks ago. Taking him to Portugal on Tuesday for a fortnight then hoping he sees us restored back to where we belong before he leaves us. 

March 1997 drew 2-2 against Leeds. Had a headache when he went home that night, couple of days later taken into hospital where he had a massive stroke, passed away 7th April. Can't believe its now just over 20 years ago. Loved him for many reasons, but yes Im glad he made me a Wednesdayite, like him, his Dad, his Grandad and now his 2 and half year old  granddaughter. Still miss him everyday but never so much as that day at the Millenium 2005, a great day, but for me missing one thing, my Dad. Only cried over football twice, once as a heartbroken 13 year old (hid my tears from my Dad, Uncle  and cousin) coming back in the car from our semi Final defeat to Brighton and openly that day at Cardiff, cus my Dad wasn't with me to enjoy it too. Like I will be, he was WTID!

I am sure there will be thousands of Wednesdayites that hope you both get your wishes come true and your dad gets much longer than has been diagnosed. 

Enjoy Portugal. 

Cheers buddy we will good job we've got wifi though at business end of things. He's the reason I'm an owl so well worth it

My Dad never took me, and sadly passed two weeks ago. He wasn't into sport. I bet there are some lovely Wednesday father/son stories to be shared on here, but I can't offer one. 

Sorry to hear that pal, condolences to you and your family.

March 1997 drew 2-2 against Leeds. Had a headache when he went home that night, couple of days later taken into hospital where he had a massive stroke, passed away 7th April. Can't believe its now just over 20 years ago. Loved him for many reasons, but yes Im glad he made me a Wednesdayite, like him, his Dad, his Grandad and now his 2 and half year old  granddaughter. Still miss him everyday but never so much as that day at the Millenium 2005, a great day, but for me missing one thing, my Dad. Only cried over football twice, once as a heartbroken 13 year old (hid my tears from my Dad, Uncle  and cousin) coming back in the car from our semi Final defeat to Brighton and openly that day at Cardiff, cus my Dad wasn't with me to enjoy it too. Like I will be, he was WTID!

Same here mate , Cardiff was mixed emotions as it was the first big game without my dad :(