Your Dad.

Guest Buggleskkelly

Guest Buggleskkelly

Last match you went with your Dad & do you remember it & do you love him for it. 

He wasn't a raving Wednesdayite , but he pointed me in the right direction. 

My Grandad tho .........:biggrin:

The last game my Dad went to was Brighton in the play offs. He used to go all the time but He's 82 now and his eyes aren't so good but he's told me to get him a ticket if we get to the play offs again. 

Edited by BIG D

I'd been with my mates a bit before my dad took me to the best game I've ever seen at Hillsborough. 26th December 1979, the Boxing Day Massacre, He was going ballistic when TC's flying header went in, I nearly got lost on the Kop during the celebrations and he didn't even realise for about 5 minutes that I was about 5 rows in front of him. :ghoulguy:

Funniest thing about me Dad regarding football, was ...cricket.....................................(Yea just read it back lol)

But me mums family lived on John st behind Bramall Lane...All Owls (apart from 1 wayward son outta 6)...but the whole family were cricket mad, including the girls....I can remember mum dancing around the living room when Yorkshire got the title back in the 60's, can't remember the year, but it was on telly...Close took a catch off a rebound from someones forehead or summatt silly.

I remember my mother telling me about when they carted me Dad off to watch a days play at the lane, She said he sat there all afternoon, just sayin' "Jaysus what the f.....""