Leeds the team to crack first?

I'd say Leeds are favourites to win the playoffs.

Very hard to beat. Newcastle threw the kitchen sink at them the other night.

Having a rock steady defence and a prolific striker is a pretty handy combo in a knockout scenario.

How would you describe our defence which is close to equalling or breaking our clean sheets in a season record (again) , with two prolific strikers on the books ? 

And we we made look Newcastle look average , which coincidentally Newcastle did to Leeds despite the result.

Leeds might be the media favourites but I honestly believe we have the best squad of the playoff contenders.

How would you describe our defence which is close to equalling or breaking our clean sheets in a season record (again) , with two prolific strikers on the books ? 

And we we made look Newcastle look average , which coincidentally Newcastle did to Leeds despite the result.

Leeds might be the media favourites but I honestly believe we have the best squad of the playoff contenders.

Whenever I'm confident about us we lose.

So even when I am I'm reluctant to say it ;) 

I don't fear Udders or Leeds in playoffs. I think we have the beating if them both at Hillsborough and/or Wembley. Reading bossed us at Hillsborough, so we owe them one,  but they were better than us that day, and Fulham are a bit hot and cold. I would have like Reading to implode, but it's not going to happen now, likewise Udders. So, for me, finish 6th, avoid Reading over two legs, play Udders, and whoever in the Final.

Reading bossed us at Hillsboro?  Were you there? 

But for their keeper having a blinder they could have lost 7-1 again. 

Leeds will be fine - think they will stay 5th ..been no indication their form will drop.

People should be more worried about ours ..despite a recent upturn, we have been the worst 

..which is why we are 6th and Fulham are snapping at our heels.  Its up to us to get there, wondering if others will crack is a pointless excercise at this time.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Reading bossed us at Hillsboro?  Were you there? 

But for their keeper having a blinder they could have lost 7-1 again. 

Eh?

I'm sorry, but Reading had our number from the first minute at Hillsborough this season. I said to my mate in the 20th minute we'd never scored, and I PM'd Darra to pass on the message to the others in the match day chat that they might as well stop bothering because we were never going to score. 

They did a right job on us that day and were more than worth their win. Dictated the tempo of the entire game

Eh?

I'm sorry, but Reading had our number from the first minute at Hillsborough this season. I said to my mate in the 20th minute we'd never scored, and I PM'd Darra to pass on the message to the others in the match day chat that they might as well stop bothering because we were never going to score. 

They did a right job on us that day and were more than worth their win. Dictated the tempo of the entire game

If they dictated the tempo of the entire game how on earth was their keeper the man of the match? Another example of how we as a fanbase see everything differently from individual matches to new kits and new stadiums. I sometimes feel sorry for DC trying to please our fans. It's totally impossible and I wouldn't blame him if he turned round one day and said he's had enough and we'll be back amongst the also rans and never weres as fast as you can say blue and white stripes :duntmatter:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

If they dictated the tempo of the entire game how on earth was their keeper the man if the match? Another example of how we as a fanbase see everything differently from individual matches to new kits and new stadiums. I sometimes feel sorry for DC trying to please our fans. It's totally impossible and I wouldn't blame him if he turned round one day and said he's had enough and we'll be back amongst the also rans and never we're as fast as you can say blue and white stripes :duntmatter:

Bizarre isn't it. I remember saying a similar thing about our lack of any real chance creation post Reading and loads agreeing with me... Yet there were scores who thought we were merely 'unlucky'. But I sincerely mean it when I say I spent 70 minutes of that game utterly convinced we wouldn't score.

We certainly struggle to come to a consensus sometimes! 

We may have the best squad but that doesn't mean we have the best team.

Leeds on the other hand have a weaker squad but are a good team and have a manager who has instilled consistency and the ability to get his players to play to a system.  That is why they are where they are.

We have not shown the same level of consistency and we have a manager who hasn't really indicated he knows his best side.

Besting Newcastle twice will mean nothing if we don't make the playoffs.

Leeds beat us twice this term with discipline and a game plan -  Monk has us sussed and I would be very concerned if we had to play them again.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Leeds beat us twice this term with discipline and a game plan -  Monk has us sussed and I would be very concerned if we had to play them again.

Leeds beat us twice because FF was sulking early season and missed two easy chances in the first game before they even scored and a poor penalty by Rhodes cost us a point at theirs , nothing wrong with our manager either he's just as good as Monk.

I would be more concerned over playing Huddersfield than Leeds 

Leeds beat us twice because FF was sulking early season and missed two easy chances in the first game before they even scored and a poor penalty by Rhodes cost us a point at theirs , nothing wrong with our manager either he's just as good as Monk.

I would be more concerned over playing Huddersfield than Leeds 

Excuses - its about taking chances ..if FF was sulking and not in a fit state to play he shouldn't have been picked - that's downs to management.

Scared of huddersfield?  Crickey - We beat them twice, fairly comfortably if memory serves.

Leeds have a game plan for us, not convinced CC has one for them.

I never want us to lose....but! If it went down to the last game  and we've already guaranteed a play off place so it's between either Leeds or Fulham for 6th, I would be happy for us to roll over and let Fulham win. Rest the full 1st team and watch the Leeds meltdown.

Leeds on the other hand have a weaker squad but are a good team and have a manager who has instilled consistency and the ability to get his players to play to a system.  That is why they are where they are.

We have not shown the same level of consistency and we have a manager who hasn't really indicated he knows his best side.

Besting Newcastle twice will mean nothing if we don't make the playoffs.

Monk's been lucky in the sense Forrestieri didn't have his shooting boots on at Hillsborough and Green saving Rhodes's penalty at Elland Road. He won't be lucky a third time IMO?

Monk's been lucky in the sense Forrestieri didn't have his shooting boots on at Hillsborough and Green saving Rhodes's penalty at Elland Road. He won't be lucky a third time IMO?

We'll see - what was it Gary Player said 'The more I play, the luckier I get!'

I hope you are right, but I feel Leeds are more prepared to deal with us at the moment than we are with them. 

If we play them I hope CC has updated his game plan ..