Leeds the team to crack first?

I'm not going to consider what other teams may do, unless they play us. We can't let any anxiety we or concerns we have as fans transmit itself onto the pitch.  "The moment has come. There can be no hesitation. You gotta go do what you prepare to do. There will be those that try and stop you. Let 'em try. This is your hour. Now take it."

I'm not going to consider what other teams may do, unless they play us. We can't let any anxiety we or concerns we have as fans transmit itself onto the pitch.  "The moment has come. There can be no hesitation. You gotta go do what you prepare to do. There will be those that try and stop you. Let 'em try. This is your hour. Now take it."

We can discuss it on a forum, though.

It's an interesting set of fixtures for each team in the play-off frame. People who say that Reading and Leeds have easier run-ins than the rest are talking cobblers as the teams in the relegation scrap have it all to do. 

Our run-in is a strange one as we could be playing teams with nothing to play for come the date of the fixture but we're up against teams we have struggled against in the past but that said I think the last two results/performances have suggested we've got what it takes to make it?

Since Fulham caught up with the pack we have needed one team of the candidates for 7th to crack. Are Leeds the one looking most likely?

Form over the past 6 games:-

Reading 12 points

Wednedsay 10

Fulham 10

Huddersfield 9

Leeds 8

Form over last 4 games:-

Wednesday 10 points

Fulham 9

Reading 9

Huddersfield 6

Leeds 4

A good pal of mine is a Leeds ST holder and weeks ago when Leeds looked home and hosed he said fans were really nervous and that the one saving grace was that either us or Fulham had to drop at least two points on 7th May. Looking at the above form, that nervousness must have increased massively. They are (admirably) clinging on by the skin of their teeth, typified by the last minute point at Newcastle.

Their home match v Wolves tomorrow is massive. Anything other than 3 points and their wobble becomes an earthquake. They would probably be going to dog-fighting Burton next Saturday really needing a win.

Nice though it would be if Leeds blow up, personally I don't care who does, so long as it's not us. Our form over six or four matches would keep us in the play-offs. Once in them, I fear nobody. For me we would go in as favourites. The best squad by a distance, last season's experience, and fans who will match anyone over two legs and Wembley.

I admire your confidence but this is Wednesday we are talking about...whatever we do will be traumatic for all involved

Personally, I hope Fulham miss out

I don't fear Reading, Leeds or Huddersfield 

Fulham on the other hand have taken off under this manager, and they will take some stopping

The media, and many fans, including some of our own are talking about Fulham as if they are top of the league, or, at least, unbeaten since Xmas. They're not and they're not !  Twice I've heard it said on TV that "they should be in the top 6".  Why should they ?  They haven't got enough points !  

Now, I'm as nervous as anyone, but we are the ones in 6th with injured players coming back and after 2 tactically different but very good wins. 

The media, and many fans, including some of our own are talking about Fulham as if they are top of the league, or, at least, unbeaten since Xmas. They're not and they're not !  Twice I've heard it said on TV that "they should be in the top 6".  Why should they ?  They haven't got enough points !  

Now, I'm as nervous as anyone, but we are the ones in 6th with injured players coming back and after 2 tactically different but very good wins. 

All about the spin , media could be saying Sheffield Wednesday back in form , key players out for long periods back in the squad , Rhodes fully up to speed after being frozen out at Middlesbrough, destroyed Newcastle and without the injuries may well be up with the top two chasing automatic promotion which is all perfectly true , however I prefer the media focus is primarily on Leeds and Fulham and we are quietly going about our job. 

Only the 1-1 away draw in November, which we were inches and seconds away from winning.

Of course all oppos in the Play-Offs are tough, but I would take this year's team to beat Fulham far more than I thought last year's would beat Hull.

I think, having conceded a late equaliser, we were inches away from conceding a second and losing. 

I'd say Leeds are favourites to win the playoffs.

Very hard to beat. Newcastle threw the kitchen sink at them the other night.

Having a rock steady defence and a prolific striker is a pretty handy combo in a knockout scenario.

I don't fear Udders or Leeds in playoffs. I think we have the beating if them both at Hillsborough and/or Wembley. Reading bossed us at Hillsborough, so we owe them one,  but they were better than us that day, and Fulham are a bit hot and cold. I would have like Reading to implode, but it's not going to happen now, likewise Udders. So, for me, finish 6th, avoid Reading over two legs, play Udders, and whoever in the Final.

Would love to play Reading over two legs. Away from home they have a tendency to just not turn up 3 or 4 times out of five. add that to the fact that Forrestieri missed both of our defeats to them this season and I am confident we will beat them over two legs.

Edited by pazowl55

I'd say Leeds are favourites to win the playoffs.

Very hard to beat. Newcastle threw the kitchen sink at them the other night.

Having a rock steady defence and a prolific striker is a pretty handy combo in a knockout scenario.

Newcastle aren't that good at home, they only have one man up front and Pontus is one yellow away from a three game ban which would be a huge blow to them. 

Newcastle aren't that good at home, they only have one man up front and Pontus is one yellow away from a three game ban which would be a huge blow to them. 

Which is why he will probably make sure to avoid the yellow and get a clean slate in the playoffs.

I just remember our game against them at their place. We really struggled to make any impression whatsoever.

Anything could happen, but I think you are clutching at straws a bit hoping for a yellow to one of their players.