Marc Degryse

Guest Coyt

27 minutes ago, Flashowl said:

What I wouldn't give to have some players with this kind of ability that played against Leeds again. Can only dream!!!

I'd take Tomas Brolin right now.

As in present state Tomas Brolin.

• Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl

Top player, great technical ability and vision. Pity Pleat was the manager, wish he’d not left after about a year. 

4 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Thread from 2017, time to bring out this baby again……

71EDCDAC-41C3-4661-BCD3-C77A1703F1F8.jpeg

Reason is I was having a chat to some mates about filling in Groundhopper/Futbology and that's one of the matches, that friendly in 1995, that we can't find any details of. But it defo happened. Degryse got clobbered by a Rotherham defender about 11 mins in and had to go off.

13 minutes ago, Neil Sjk said:

Reason is I was having a chat to some mates about filling in Groundhopper/Futbology and that's one of the matches, that friendly in 1995, that we can't find any details of. But it defo happened. Degryse got clobbered by a Rotherham defender about 11 mins in and had to go off.

No need to explain - I’m meme obsessed and just joking about. 

23 hours ago, Albertowl said:

I remember a coach load of Anderlecht fans in their purple shirts sitting with the Wednesday fans at Forest. He was still revered there even after leaving to join us. 

I remember seeing them outside the ground before the game. I don’t think  he even played  as he was injured!  

On 09/07/2021 at 19:24, aussieowl87 said:

I'd take Tomas Brolin right now.

As in present state Tomas Brolin.

I had totally forgotten Brolin had played for Leeds. Just looked it up and he scored 5 in 19 appearances over two and a half years. Good to know it isn’t just us who suffer this kind of disappointing signing!

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I had totally forgotten Brolin had played for Leeds. Just looked it up and he scored 5 in 19 appearances over two and a half years. Good to know it isn’t just us who suffer this kind of disappointing signing!

Think Thomas Brolin got voted worst Premier League signing off all time.

Was terrible at Crystal Palace as well.
Seems a shame as he was a cracking player for a time.

6 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Didn't he score with his belly or his a*rse at Hillsborough?

Remember playing Wimbledon at Selhurst Park & the pub we were in was full of Belgian tourists.

Had a fantastic time with them & they told us the Belgian travel agency they booked with for their weekend in London included match tickets to see us & MDG, who was a national hero, whenever we played in London.

Met the same guys 3 times that season & they even arranged an independent trip to a home match ...... The 6-2 versus Leeds!

Took them in The Gate, they said they'd never seen anything like it ...... anywhere.....ever!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Remember playing Wimbledon at Selhurst Park & the pub we were in was full of Belgian tourists.

Had a fantastic time with them & they told us the Belgian travel agency they booked with for their weekend in London included match tickets to see us & MDG, who was a national hero, whenever we played in London.

Met the same guys 3 times that season & they even arranged an independent trip to a home match ...... The 6-2 versus Leeds!

Took them in The Gate, they said they'd never seen anything like it ...... anywhere.....ever!

I can remember them coming in lol

19 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Thomas Brolin got voted worst Premier League signing off all time.

Was terrible at Crystal Palace as well.
Seems a shame as he was a cracking player for a time.

It was the time when PL football was mostly British style football and many of those European stars didn't cope with it. Didn't his teammate Martin Dahlin also fail at Blackburn, and Patrik Andersson? Won't include Ingesson out of respect.