Marc Degryse

Guest Coyt

I do wonder where we might've headed if he had stayed as he was a really good player who had a good understanding of the game and linked up with the likes of Hirst and Waddle very well but Pleat at the time had money to spend and in all fairness he did buy some quality but he also bought some sh!!te and as a result he couldn't find a balanced team and he found himself on his way out of S6 eventually.

Better than 1 goal in 3 games for Belgium. 209 goals in 540 league games. Great stats.

Interesting stat alert: both he and Orlando Trustfull had cameo roles in The Full Monty but neither of them made the final cut. 

Edited by Almat

Remember a piece in AVFTEB about him not long after we signed him, there was various versions of his surname next to funny little animations.

I remember one being 'The three De'gryse'

There were others that I forget,but by far the best and still makes me laugh today was...

De'gryse chip, funny asfurrk .

Just now, Neil Sjk said:

Anyone remember the Rotherham game pre season where Degryse got injured after about 10 minutes? Was it a testimonial or just a friendly? Was Millmoor.

I watched every game he played in (Friendlies, cup games, league games) and honestly can't really remember him at all

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Degryse was a good player.

I remember him in the 6-2 home win v Leeds on a cold December afternoon where him and Waddle were excellent.

(Thomas Brolin a scored a bizarre goal in this game for Leeds IIRC)

He did tend to drift in and out of games and I think he didn't really settle in Sheffield and move back to the PSV.

51 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I remember him in the 6-2 home win v Leeds on a cold December afternoon where him and Waddle were excellent.

He did tend to drift in and out of games and I think he didn't really settle in Sheffield and move back to the PSV.

I still remember this game (think it was this game) as look north said something akin to "Sheffield Wednesday's goalscoring problems continued with 4 different goalscorers scoring" and I thought it was a bizarre way of looking at it

I was only 12 it took much much longer for me to realise the leeds bias of look north

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Didn't steve nicol volley it at his head and it flew in?

• Like 2

He was only at Wednesday a season but he was an exceptionally intelligent player who was absolute class.  

As per the video above he was fantastic in the 6-2 demolition of Leeds which is up there with one of the best matches I have seen at Hillsborough.