New home shirt

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

Scram answered it better than I can.

The ticket prices is a bit of a red herring - it's certainly not paying, or even making a dint, in Tom Lees wages.

The only way us, Brighton,  Derby and the rest of the non-parachute brigade are spending what we are spending, is the owners.

I'm all for the fans taking some ownership. But the costs of everything except season tickets at phase 1, is way out of acceptable levels. 

Mr chansiri is certainly pushing us forward, and there is no denying he's also funding it. I just wish he wasn't leaving a lot of people behind - people that paid there money when we were awful, watching us lose to tinpot teams in the third tier, watching dross like proudlock, tidman, beswetherick etc.

Now we have a team that's going places, and that loyalty is rewarded with 40k boxes, £40 tickets and £60 shirts. Does it really need to be that high?

So where is the gate money going?  It's hardly incidental.

Are you asking for DC to dig deeper and lower the prices?

I'm not saying your wrong I'm just asking questions.  

But he has to get money from somewhere surely.

Id far sooner pay 180 quid for a shirt that we wear for 3 seasons than change it every season,gives us an identity we can relate to,although that may test the quality to its limits!

Plus we need a design we can vote on,after all if im gunna buy summat,to wear,it has to say what i want it to say

9 hours ago, Holmes said:

The money is going towards subsidising DCs losses and I guess also satisfying FFP. In all honesty it doesn't seem to matter how much clubs receive in income, they seem to spend more regardless. It was announced by the BBC this week that collectively the PL clubs lost over a £100 million last season. It appears it's not just the Championship clubs who are overspending. 

11 hours ago, scram said:

It's only a difficult conundrum if you assume gate receipts are paying the fees and wages

Which they blatantly aren't

Some of our ticket prices are outrageous - and i never thought such disappointing prices would have been so heavily defended by some

The kind of things our fans have railed against over the years

But some fans will defend anything the club does

agreed

it's a sort of football fan version of the stockholm syndrome

The disgusting pricing out  policy will never be recognised by such people whilst he looks after the ST holders, as someone said it's devilishly clever. It only becomes visible to those lucky enough to be able to attend / afford a ST deal when they are accompanied by a potd pal.

12 hours ago, scram said:

Ticket prices haven't funded our upsurge in fortune

No, but they've certainly offset the losses.

Our wage bill must be incredibly high. Yes the ticket prices are ridiculous but then again so is a Fred Perry polo or a Superdry coat and loads of people buy that stuff.

My point being is that you get what you pay for.

Sure I feel sorry for people who cannot afford ST's or PATG prices but we must go with the times. Football is no longer the working mans game its a blinkin arms race!

We have an amazing Chairman who is clearly shrewd (viz. The Rhodes 'loan' to stay onside with FFP), and I for one am eternally grateful for the guy dragging our great club back to being a highly respected one. He has publicly stated that for every fan who 'invests' £1, he will invest £100, and yet some people still moan!

1 hour ago, stevie snerklebox said:

No, but they've certainly offset the losses.

Our wage bill must be incredibly high. Yes the ticket prices are ridiculous but then again so is a Fred Perry polo or a Superdry coat and loads of people buy that stuff.

My point being is that you get what you pay for.

Sure I feel sorry for people who cannot afford ST's or PATG prices but we must go with the times. Football is no longer the working mans game its a blinkin arms race!

We have an amazing Chairman who is clearly shrewd (viz. The Rhodes 'loan' to stay onside with FFP), and I for one am eternally grateful for the guy dragging our great club back to being a highly respected one. He has publicly stated that for every fan who 'invests' £1, he will invest £100, and yet some people still moan!

We aren't going with the times. We are worse than the times.

It's partly the usual case of a rich bloke not giving a bobbar about people with less cash than him.  A rich kid who's daddy has probably always bankrolled him and let him do what he wants and treat people like he wants.

Because he's put a load of dosh in and the team has done well he's gotten away with it. We have forgotten our reaction when the likes of Leeds did something almost as bad and sneer at clubs that decide reasonable prices are the way forward. 

With Un*ted on the up and claiming to be Sheffield's club we are fleecing people and flipping around with our traditions. I don't like it. So shoot me. 

19 hours ago, Holmes said:

It's going into a pot.

If you assume there are 22k season ticket holders, who are paying £20 average per game for their ticket.

That means there has been 3k fans paying £38 a ticket, roughly. I'd say £30 should be the top end price anyone charges.

So the difference is 8 x 3000 = 24k. Multiplied over 23 games = £500k 

It's a lot of money, but is it a)worth it, b) going to make a difference in the big picture when numbers come out at the end of the year? 

13 hours ago, rickygoo said:

We aren't going with the times. We are worse than the times.

It's partly the usual case of a rich bloke not giving a bobbar about people with less cash than him.  A rich kid who's daddy has probably always bankrolled him and let him do what he wants and treat people like he wants.

Because he's put a load of dosh in and the team has done well he's gotten away with it. We have forgotten our reaction when the likes of Leeds did something almost as bad and sneer at clubs that decide reasonable prices are the way forward. 

With Un*ted on the up and claiming to be Sheffield's club we are fleecing people and flipping around with our traditions. I don't like it. So shoot me. 

Poor comparison with Leeds who were at the time ripping fans off and had a poor squad also. Our squad is light years ahead of anything that they had during that period.

You are quite right about the chairman though, he has put a load of dosh into the club, but yet you appear to be complaining about it and then insulting the guy? Very odd.

Sheffield United can call themselves whatever they like pal because they know the truth and that is that we are bigger, older, and better, and that hasn't changed in nearly 150 years.

As for sneering at clubs offering cheap deals, I say good luck to them because that type of thinking when clubs are saddled with FFP, is not sustainable. If Huddersfield were to go up with that kind of income for Premier League then their Birthday card man owner would be bankrupt within 6 months.

On 20/4/2017 at 20:47, tuttuttut said:

Football clubs evolve, we need to get with it and evolve too we are stuck in the past and trying to get to a level playing field off the pitch so if it's a new Lego stadium so be it if it creates at atmosphere and revenue, all good for the club. 

Same with the kit, we didn't start with stripes, we played in stripes and now were not. We have done that many times before, some stripes are traditional to people and too some they are not. I'm not fussed either way, i support swfc and the owl crest.

I think this season maybe the first in a while we have finally played in our traditional colour of Royal navy blue though.

Not many picked up on that. 

What colour? :columbo:

8 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Poor comparison with Leeds who were at the time ripping fans off and had a poor squad also. Our squad is light years ahead of anything that they had during that period.

You are quite right about the chairman though, he has put a load of dosh into the club, but yet you appear to be complaining about it and then insulting the guy? Very odd.

Sheffield United can call themselves whatever they like pal because they know the truth and that is that we are bigger, older, and better, and that hasn't changed in nearly 150 years.

As for sneering at clubs offering cheap deals, I say good luck to them because that type of thinking when clubs are saddled with FFP, is not sustainable. If Huddersfield were to go up with that kind of income for Premier League then their Birthday card man owner would be bankrupt within 6 months.

All self justifying and wrong imho. We're charging more than Leeds - regardless of squad. Charging more than what most football fans across the country think is reasonable. He's put dosh in and we bend over because CC has done a good job.

i don't hero worship the guy because: he's in it for his own aims not mine, he shows signs of egomania, he's achieved less than Richards in his early days and we know how that turned out.  Of course he's done an awful lot of good but he's countered that with doing bad too. I'd give him 7/10 which is better than any other chairman I've known - but  the bad things he's done happen to strike at some things I hold dear about football. I'm in a minority and I'm going to Ipswich. I'm a Wednesday fan not a Chansiri fan. . 

I think in terms of support United are as close to us as they've been in my time supporting Wednesday.  Which given our success is a bit odd. Wonder what it could be. 

If Huddersfield go up then the TV money will see them right - and there you go again sneering.

14 hours ago, rickygoo said:

All self justifying and wrong imho. We're charging more than Leeds - regardless of squad. Charging more than what most football fans across the country think is reasonable. He's put dosh in and we bend over because CC has done a good job.

i don't hero worship the guy because: he's in it for his own aims not mine, he shows signs of egomania, he's achieved less than Richards in his early days and we know how that turned out.  Of course he's done an awful lot of good but he's countered that with doing bad too. I'd give him 7/10 which is better than any other chairman I've known - but  the bad things he's done happen to strike at some things I hold dear about football. I'm in a minority and I'm going to Ipswich. I'm a Wednesday fan not a Chansiri fan. . 

I think in terms of support United are as close to us as they've been in my time supporting Wednesday.  Which given our success is a bit odd. Wonder what it could be. 

If Huddersfield go up then the TV money will see them right - and there you go again sneering.

I'm a Wednesday fan and have been since 1973 pal and I am also a Chansiri supporter because he has breathed new life into our club. A club that for the previous 20 years has been rotting from the inside out. But you carry on with your idealistic crusade and let's agree to disagree.