New home shirt

No, I don't but if you dislike something so much you get rid of it if it's within your power.

Ultimately he doesn't think it's of any importance I guess. He isn't a Wednesday fan.  There is no emotional attachment to our history.

If a bigger club like Newcastle were affordable he'd probably jump ship to them without batting an eyelid.  Maybe it could be his mission to eradicate stripes from the English game completely. 

Don't expect Adidas to be making our kit anytime soon. 

Edited by rickygoo

Ultimately he doesn't think it's of any importance I guess. He isn't a Wednesday fan.  There is no emotional attachment to our history.

If a bigger club like Newcastle were affordable he'd probably jump ship to them without batting an eyelid.  Maybe it could be his mission to eradicate stripes from the English game completely. 

How do know all this?  Has he told you?

How do know all this?  Has he told you?

Part of my comment is tongue in cheek and part he's a businessman from Thailand with no prior apparent interest in football or Sheffield. 

If he had substantial affection for our traditions I don't think we would be playing in the kit we are at the moment simply because he doesn't like stripes. 

He's not in this for his long term love of Sheffield Wednesday - in my very very very humble opinion of course.  

You can believe what you believe or hope what you hope and back his every move because you think he's right or because he can do whatever he likes because of his investment. I happen to be very wary of how this will all pan out long term. I thought Dave Richards was the bees knees when we qualified for Europe and signed players in the England squad. We know how that turned out - so forgive me if I don't hero worship a chairman who so far has achieved considerably less than Richards did in the early part of his reign. 

I'm not calling for him to leave I am just not going to automatically back him or think the sun shines out of his jacksie because he, or his father I don't know the ins and outs of his history, has made a bit of brass. 

difficult to find a suitable analogy for a football club -although it's comparable to some (and myself as an atheist) as a sort of church

as such it has always been important to me that it isn't disrespected

so I see DC as the owner of the church but he most certainly doesn't own or control the followers of the religion

when / if he sells up we'll still be here ( well I might be 6' under ) to pick up any pieces  

Part of my comment is tongue in cheek and part he's a businessman from Thailand with no prior apparent interest in football or Sheffield. 

If he had substantial affection for our traditions I don't think we would be playing in the kit we are at the moment simply because he doesn't like stripes. 

He's not in this for his long term love of Sheffield Wednesday - in my very very very humble opinion of course.  

You can believe what you believe or hope what you hope and back his every move because you think he's right or because he can do whatever he likes because of his investment. I happen to be very wary of how this will all pan out long term. I thought Dave Richards was the bees knees when we qualified for Europe and signed players in the England squad. We know how that turned out - so forgive me if I don't hero worship a chairman who so far has achieved considerably less than Richards did in the early part of his reign. 

I'm not calling for him to leave I am just not going to automatically back him or think the sun shines out of his jacksie because he, or his father I don't know the ins and outs of his history, has made a bit of brass. 

I have no idea why he is being so stubborn on this issue, he's stated that he doesn't like stripes and if he was he here just for the money then surely it would be logical to have the stripes as presumably, he would sell more.  So that's one demonstration that he's not just here for the money.  

I too I'm wary of "suits", no one stands up to close examination but so far barring one or two hiccups for me he's heading in the right direction.  Whoever was running the show would do things from time to time, not to our liking but we have to trust that in the long term he wants what we want.  

If it's these then at least if I put gaffer tape over the top half of my spectacles to obscure any view of the shirt I can pretend we have a Wednesday kit 

photo-28113.jpg

You can't pretend it's a Wednesday kit, because it isn't, it's a Chansiri kit.

He cares more about his kit preferences & ego than our traditions.

I'm not convinced that many fans believe that passionately about it and will only resort to venting their frustrations on social media. 

I agree. Many will put up with anything merely to grasp at the chance to see us playing Chelsea and Arsenal again.

Moaning on social media is about all that can be done. Protest of any form would make little difference.

And I can hardly stay away with my emotional investment.

There's nothing can be done. Save for kidnapping him and throwing him in my dungeon. But I don't want to go down that avenue. .

Especially after last time.

I have no idea why he is being so stubborn on this issue, he's stated that he doesn't like stripes and if he was he here just for the money then surely it would be logical to have the stripes as presumably, he would sell more.  So that's one demonstration that he's not just here for the money.  

I too I'm wary of "suits", no one stands up to close examination but so far barring one or two hiccups for me he's heading in the right direction.  Whoever was running the show would do things from time to time, not to our liking but we have to trust that in the long term he wants what we want.  

Well I don't feel I have to trust. 

The ticket pricing, stripes, Chansiri heavy branding of the club and the weird shirt numbers mean I am wary. But we all react differently to things.  

You can't pretend it's a Wednesday kit, because it isn't, it's a Chansiri kit.

He cares more about his kit preferences & ego than our traditions.

Well we'll just have to go to the sweet shop and buy a pound of fizzy fish. Hopefully the face scrunching,eye watering sensation will blur our vision enough for us to be able to pretend!

Edited by Lord Snooty