New home shirt

I think the fact we are moving away from stripes has been well documented, Mr Chansiri doesn't like stripes and he owns the club, much in the same way that if you bought a house and didn't like the decor you would change it to something you like regardless of the fact it may upset a few people that did actually like it .

That analogy is crap, if i bought a house it wouldn't have a public history and identity shared by many thousands of people who have pumped vast amounts of money in to it and who rightly or wrongly feel like they have a say in what i do with it.

IMG_4061.thumb.JPG.d6e60cf818598c03280ee73c5a885dd4.JPG

Good heavens Smith! 

I have barely slept since the dreadful news broke that this abomination would be seeing the light of day again, but I have over the last few days ,with a self prescribed medicine of gallons of alcohol tried to get over it. 

The only small comfort I could find was that at least we'd be getting the Froggatt / Dooley socks back and that slowly the kit would be put right again working upwards.

And now this!

The white socks that took us to the brink of Division 4!

Stubbs! Wheel the drink trolley back in here at once!

photo-28113.jpg

Edited by Lord Snooty

After last season as long as the kit produced wasn't red any shirt would have sold well

Chansiri is wrong on every level with this 

He has chosen to pick for our anniversary a shirt we wore for 7 seasons totally ignoring the fact that for the vast majority of our history we have worn blue and white stripes 

If he doesn't like stripes then don't buy a Club synonymous with a Striped Kit 

For me the only other acceptable kit as a "one off" would have been a hooped shirt as that was what "the Wednesday" originally wore other than that then Stripes are the only acceptable alternative to mark such an historic anniversary IMO

Stripes aren't the only acceptable alternative as demonstrated by people saying on here that they like it, so it is acceptable to some.  

I myself would prefer stripes but DC has invested millions and is prepared to invest millions more, so arguably he's entitled to massage his ego by not having something he doesn't like. 

As far as I know there are no rules saying that you aren't allowed to buy a football club if you don't like the kit.

He has also spoken about the possibility of his son running the club in years to come so he's here for the long term.   

It's frustrating for the traditionalist but I find it more frustrating that the club has been limping along like an old donkey for decades, heading nowhere, scrabbling about for the next cash injection.     

We now have the funds, the foresight and belief that the club can significantly progress in the next few seasons.  If the traditionalists feel so strongly about the issue then they should band together and force DC out.   I'm not convinced that many fans believe that passionately about it and will only resort to venting their frustrations on social media. 

Stripes aren't the only acceptable alternative as demonstrated by people saying on here that they like it, so it is acceptable to some.  

I myself would prefer stripes but DC has invested millions and is prepared to invest millions more, so arguably he's entitled to massage his ego by not having something he doesn't like. 

As far as I know there are no rules saying that you aren't allowed to buy a football club if you don't like the kit.

He has also spoken about the possibility of his son running the club in years to come so he's here for the long term.   

It's frustrating for the traditionalist but I find it more frustrating that the club has been limping along like an old donkey for decades, heading nowhere, scrabbling about for the next cash injection.     

We now have the funds, the foresight and belief that the club can significantly progress in the next few seasons.  If the traditionalists feel so strongly about the issue then they should band together and force DC out.   I'm not convinced that many fans believe that passionately about it and will only resort to venting their frustrations on social media. 

Which could be the reason why i wrote IMO ( in my opinion )

Horrible   August 1972 was one of the best days of my footy life.

Peter Swan led us out on a sunny Hillsboro day to beat Fulham 3-0 in stripes, after 6 years of the Ipswich kit of blue shirts and white sleeves.   

Just hope no-one buys it.... but I bet they do.

It not only reminds me of Ipswich - but of Millwall, which is even worse.

Horrible   August 1972 was one of the best days of my footy life.

Peter Swan led us out on a sunny Hillsboro day to beat Fulham 3-0 in stripes, after 6 years of the Ipswich kit of blue shirts and white sleeves.   

Just hope no-one buys it.... but I bet they do.

It not only reminds me of Ipswich - but of Millwall, which is even worse.

To be honest....I'm split between the dread of the association of next year's kit and my dislike of this year's lower league style Gillingham kit

pa-17328414-bradley-dack-gillingham_3195903.jpg