New home shirt

He thinks stripes make us look weak and solid colour makes look strong

That's bizarre but his view

Is that for real?

Someone needs to point out all the stuff Barca, Bayern, Juve etc have won wearing stripes to him...

He could sponsor the North Stand without having his name emblazoned in the seats for him to gawp at. Probably gives him a boner.

He could...

But to satisfy FFP he will be asked  what he's received for his sponsorship money. Without his (company) name on the stand he will be accused of overpaying and might fall foul of the rules. He has to demonstrate some advertising / PR benefit.

If it helps push the boundaries of FFP, I'm all for him having a picture of his face emblazoned in the seats. 

If it gives him a boner, fine. If it helps him invest more in the team, even better.

Remember last season what that monstrosity came out? I seem to recall the sheep saying they liked it and it was OK as a one off. The stripes will return for our 150th.

Thanks to the ones that bent over and took one, stripes are now just history for us. I'm utterly disappointed and the Wednesday I knew is being erased.

This.

Even though we've got an all blue shirt THIS season, they've still bought the line that next seasons blue kit is because of the anniversary. Sheep indeed.

Maybe this is it? Away shirt is a bit Arsenal tho...Screenshot_20170412-230826.thumb.jpg.550b915d508e80d144efd360f9171083.jpg

Personally I'd love these strips and like someone has said I don't understand the obsession with vertical stripes, when worn this kit would look really good in my view I really hope it happens. 

Remember last season what that monstrosity came out? I seem to recall the sheep saying they liked it and it was OK as a one off. The stripes will return for our 150th.

Thanks to the ones that bent over and took one, stripes are now just history for us. I'm utterly disappointed and the Wednesday I knew is being erased.

But it isn't being erased. It's there, it's part of our history.

When we moved to all blue with white sleeves before, it lasted for only seven years. That period hasn't been erased, it's part of our history, a period many on here remember fondly despite the poor offerings on the pitch.

We're moving into a new era, somethings are changing. Overall, changing for the better. Get your head out of the past and look to the future, it's positive. Something we haven't had for twenty years of playing in stripes.

But it isn't being erased. It's there, it's part of our history.

When we moved to all blue with white sleeves before, it lasted for only seven years. That period hasn't been erased, it's part of our history, a period many on here remember fondly despite the poor offerings on the pitch.

We're moving into a new era, somethings are changing. Overall, changing for the better. Get your head out of the past and look to the future, it's positive. Something we haven't had for twenty years of playing in stripes.

Unecessary change and my big worry with name emblazoning, weird shirt numbers, kit change - they are done on a whim. I am wary of where this ends up. I don't want this club and its traditions whimming away. 

lol

It's a funny game. The Premier League to some is a promised land. I go to watch us win so I suppose I must want us to get there but I remember us scuffing around the bottom of it and, for me, it was worse than riding high in Div One. 

I ultimately go to watch Wednesday because I like the camaraderie of following a traditional football team from Sheffield and the Blue and White stripes are part of that tradition - something settled on long ago bar the odd short term change. 

Some change i see as necessary. It's ones that aren't that mess with all that stuff and that I don't like - and this is a place where we come to vent. 

And as for for ticket prices they are a scandal and the worst example of football's headlong rush to a place I don't like. Something we kicked against when other clubs did it and now we not only embrace but then sneer at clubs like Huddersfield and Un*ted when they make reasonably priced tickets available. That doesn't seem right to me but that's what Chansiri has done alongside the good stuff. So forgive me if I forego the hero worship for a while. 

But each to their own. I don't think I've insulted anyone bar the odd tongue in cheek comment. Everyone has and is entitled to their opinion - and a lot of it is based on why we go to football.  Some fans go and watch clubs who can never get to the Premier League - so it's not all about wanting to play Man Utd and Stoke City. 

Bit long and w@nky but hey ho. Off to Hillsborough. 

Unecessary change and my big worry with name emblazoning, weird shirt numbers, kit change - they are done on a whim. I am wary of where this ends up. I don't want this club and its traditions whimming away. 

lol

It's a funny game. The Premier League to some is a promised land. I go to watch us win so I suppose I must want us to get there but I remember us scuffing around the bottom of it and, for me, it was worse than riding high in Div One. 

I ultimately go to watch Wednesday because I like the camaraderie of following a traditional football team from Sheffield and the Blue and White stripes are part of that tradition - something settled on long ago bar the odd short term change. 

Some change i see as necessary. It's ones that aren't that mess with all that stuff and that I don't like - and this is a place where we come to vent. 

And as for for ticket prices they are a scandal and the worst example of football's headlong rush to a place I don't like. Something we kicked against when other clubs did it and now we not only embrace but then sneer at clubs like Huddersfield and Un*ted when they make reasonably priced tickets available. That doesn't seem right to me but that's what Chansiri has done alongside the good stuff. So forgive me if I forego the hero worship for a while. 

But each to their own. I don't think I've insulted anyone bar the odd tongue in cheek comment. Everyone has and is entitled to their opinion - and a lot of it is based on why we go to football.  Some fans go and watch clubs who can never get to the Premier League - so it's not all about wanting to play Man Utd and Stoke City. 

Bit long and w@nky but hey ho. Off to Hillsborough. 

Spot on.

He could...

But to satisfy FFP he will be asked  what he's received for his sponsorship money. Without his (company) name on the stand he will be accused of overpaying and might fall foul of the rules. He has to demonstrate some advertising / PR benefit.

If it helps push the boundaries of FFP, I'm all for him having a picture of his face emblazoned in the seats. 

If it gives him a boner, fine. If it helps him invest more in the team, even better.

I don't believe this actually I'd love someone to show me  where it says that in the accounts ?

I 'm told it hasquite a bit  increased by him pricing out local business but not to the extent portrayed

If Chansiri was changing our name, our colours and stadium all in quick succession then maybe I'd agree with you. But it's bloody stripes, that we have not always played in in our long history.

All the changes he has made so far have been with careful thought into our history and opinion of fans. That in itself is incredibly rare for a foreign owner of a football club. 

Chansiri is smart and knows that one off kits generate more revenue than blue and white stripes every season with minor alterations. He will eventually bring back stripes and the revenue will be huge for it, because they would have been missed for X number of seasons. 

As a Leeds fan said to me, well that's your identity gone mate. I asked him to explain just to be sure he wasn't just trying to wind me up and he said no not at all, you are Sheffield Wednesday, you are blue and white stripes.

I really liked this seasons shirt but as a one off thinking we were going back to stripes. I'll reserve judgement until i see the new shirt though, it might be brill for all i know, some of the fan mock ups look great. My heart is missing them stripes though.

When we moved to all blue with white sleeves before, it lasted for only seven years.....

....of painful decline. Only the fleeting skills of Tommy made it bearable.

And then ...The sleeves made a return allbeit in a slightly differing guise in that monstrosic sartorial abomination that Waddle was forced to endure during his final season with us.

Open the new bottle of  courvoisier Stubbs, I feel my cerebral stems tightening, and the swine Warnock isn't even waving at me yet with his annoying grin...argh

Edited by Lord Snooty

The solid blue bodied shirt with white sleeves is the kit worn when I started going to games.  

I remember the excitement when we changed to stripes as well and thinking it was a fantastic kit.

For next season, I am looking forward to reverting back to my first love though.