Ross Wallace's dead ball deliveries

14 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Darren Potter? Kop end, north stand side? I think he slipped when taking one of them.

Careful, someone has already uttered the name of 'you know who' once on this thread already. Legend has it if it's 3 times in one thread then his ghostly apparition returns to the starting 11 for the following game.

10 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

No it isn't. 

90m field with a 1m quadrant is signifantly different to a 110yard pitch with a 1yard quadrant. 

My point is that a football pitch isn't a uniform size, in law 1, it has a minimum length of 90m (100yd).  Well 90m is actually 98.425197yd, the alternatives are given so that it's easy to mark a legal field in whatever standard measure your nation uses.  If you mark it in metres, where the minimum length is 90m, then your quadrant needs to be 1m, if you mark it in yards, with a minimum length of 100yd, then your quadrants need to be 1 yard.

Basically in some countries, you might find it hard to find a measuring tape in yards, but easier to find one in metres, and the people who wrote the laws want them to be accessible to all.

Sometimes these things just click, even playing amateur football you can have spells where your brain enables you to do really good consistent deliveries and then it suddenly goes for some reason. I suppose you can expect a lot more from a professional but like anything it's about getting the knack.

On 4/10/2017 at 11:31, Owl999 said:

He doesn't,  if you look at the Sky footage from Saturday, camera zooms in to show how far it away from the quadrant and commentators saying how blatant the fact it isn't touching is, so no your wrong he doesn't .

Actually it's 'you're' not your and you're wrong the edge of the ball has to  cover the line which you couldn't tell from the camera angle the only way to be sure would have been a birdseye shot. 

Happy to be of help

Of course, the abbreviation for        "you are ", thank you for pointing that out, it must have been inserted as "your" via predictive text, that will teach me to read things through before I post, thank you for point it out, I really do feel quite the fool now.