Ross Wallace's dead ball deliveries

5 hours ago, Owl999 said:

He doesn't,  if you look at the Sky footage from Saturday, camera zooms in to show how far it away from the quadrant and commentators saying how blatant the fact it isn't touching is, so no your wrong he doesn't .

The ball is spherical. Therfore when you look at it from the angle of a sky cameraman the ball appears to be out. When actually the edge of the ball is still overhanging the line of the corner arc making it legally placed. Only way of knowing for sure is a birds eye view. 

5 hours ago, Owl999 said:

He doesn't,  if you look at the Sky footage from Saturday, camera zooms in to show how far it away from the quadrant and commentators saying how blatant the fact it isn't touching is, so no your wrong he doesn't .

The ball is spherical. Therfore when you look at it from the angle of a sky cameraman the ball appears to be out. When actually the edge of the ball is still overhanging the line of the corner arc making it legally placed. Only way of knowing for sure is a birds eye view. 

Its something we have been missing for years, I mean who was it who took about 6 corners on the trot and couldn't beat the first man?

All Wallace needs is space, he doesn't have to race to the by line, he can whip it in from virtually anywhere, all it needs is forwards with a bit of nous, and the more Fletcher Winnall and Rhodes play with him, the more dangerous we become

Just now, Lee A said:

ffs

Think we almost made it a whole year without anybody mentioning Potter and his 3 failed corners.

Back to therapy we go

You got to face what we were, to appreciate what we are...............................an' many a muckle makes a mickle...........................

I reckon it's a mental thing. I know whenever I take corners in Sunday league football I have to have the ball in right in the corner - where the quadrant meets the goal line if I'm taking from the left, and where it meets the byline on the right - else for some reason I get it into my brain that the flag is in the way and my delivery is always way off. Perhaps it's something to do with having it as far forward as possible which means in his head he's definitely going to beat the first man, or something like that.

Either that or he's just a wind up merchant, which we all know he is anyway.

EDIT: forgot to add that it's usually perfectly legal when he places the ball just outside, as it only has to have some part of the ball overhanging the edge of the line of the quadrant. As others have said.

Edited by eddyowl123

Rule 17 makes no mention of the "quadrant"

file:///C:/Users/james.sandham/Downloads/law_17-the_corner_kick.pdf

"The "corner area" is defined by a quarter circle with a radius of 1 m (1 yd) from each corner flagpost drawn inside the field of play."

"The ball must be placed in the corner area nearest to the point where the ball passed over the goal line"

No definition of "in" in this rule

Edited by jamsandwich

Just now, jamsandwich said:

Im starting to believe that his corners are illegal.

someone needs to definte "IN"

Someone does - The FA.

The line itself is defined as part of the corner arc, as set out in Law 1 which defines the playing area of the pitch. So, if any part of the ball is on or over the line, the ball is considered 'in' the arc.

They're legal.

3 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

Just noticed this oddity on the FA site..

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-1---the-field-of-play

The quadrant should be 1yard (1metre) in size

Errr - a yard is not the same as a metre!

90m is not equal to 100 yards either, the two different measurements are for if you're marking in metres or yards. To keep the sport accessible to all. 

6 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Its something we have been missing for years, I mean who was it who took about 6 corners on the trot and couldn't beat the first man?

All Wallace needs is space, he doesn't have to race to the by line, he can whip it in from virtually anywhere, all it needs is forwards with a bit of nous, and the more Fletcher Winnall and Rhodes play with him, the more dangerous we become

Darren Potter? Kop end, north stand side? I think he slipped when taking one of them.