"Those magnificent passionate Geordie fans"

9 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Fair enough its a one club city with virtually NO competition for fans,but theyve always travelled well in big numbers and very vocal.

They live off past glories a bit like us,but you cant knock 50oddK every week,just beggers belief why they barely seem to compete at the top end of english football.

Unlike the last time they were down here,theyve not run away with this league and will need some solid investment to make sure they dont return.Theyve not impressed in the games with us,and weve been well below par on last season.

I do like the geordies,there a decent bunch,Ive had a few scrapes with their fans over the years,won a few lost a few as you do,but there honest football fans.

IMO the reason they don't dominate in the Premiership is because the top overseas players (and/or their wives/girlfriends don't want to live in the North East for very long.  With all their crazy money, they want to be based in London. 

Geordies on the whole are great people. Always nice to meet and chat with them whether it be on holiday or at the match. They love the banter and crack and know how to party. As for yesterday as others have said they were totally drowned out as we had three sides of the ground stereo effect. One of the Sky guys unbiasedly commented to me that when Hillsborough is behind the team there is no better atmodphere in the country. And yesterday proved it.

11 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Fair enough its a one club city with virtually NO competition for fans,but theyve always travelled well in big numbers and very vocal.

They live off past glories a bit like us,but you cant knock 50oddK every week,just beggers belief why they barely seem to compete at the top end of english football.

Unlike the last time they were down here,theyve not run away with this league and will need some solid investment to make sure they dont return.Theyve not impressed in the games with us,and weve been well below par on last season.

I do like the geordies,there a decent bunch,Ive had a few scrapes with their fans over the years,won a few lost a few as you do,but there honest football fans.

Past glories ?  None of em can remember them. 62 years since they won a domestic trophy!!!

Spoke to a few of them when leaving the match. 

Seemed like a decent bunch. 

One of my best mates is a Geordie and he messaged me later to say we thoroughly deserved the victory. 

Generally a good set of fans imo. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Spoke to a few of them when leaving the match. 

Seemed like a decent bunch. 

One of my best mates is a Geordie and he messaged me later to say we thoroughly deserved the victory. 

Generally a good set of fans imo. 

Have a soft spot for the Geordies as Newcastle is gorgeous and always a class away day.