"Those magnificent passionate Geordie fans"

One of the unassailable myths of football. Along with Liverpool fans.

The top clubs fans are all hugely passionate and I count ourselves in that. Geordies and Scoucers aren't special. It's just lazy journalism.

Edited by jamthesun

1 minute ago, OWL1969 said:

I was sat below em. Believe me they weren't quiet. Made some fantastic noise until the 2nd goal went in. Best away support I have heard at Hillsborough this season. Depends where you were sat though I suppose.

I was sat on my sofa.

TBF, I had no sound on my feed for the first 30 minutes

lol

14 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

I was sat below em. Believe me they weren't quiet. Made some fantastic noise until the 2nd goal went in. Best away support I have heard at Hillsborough this season. Depends where you were sat though I suppose.

Ah it was you there was it? 

17 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Did you go to the first game of the season? I thought the Villa fans made far more noise although in fairness they got both tiers of the away end.

Fair enough its a one club city with virtually NO competition for fans,but theyve always travelled well in big numbers and very vocal.

They live off past glories a bit like us,but you cant knock 50oddK every week,just beggers belief why they barely seem to compete at the top end of english football.

Unlike the last time they were down here,theyve not run away with this league and will need some solid investment to make sure they dont return.Theyve not impressed in the games with us,and weve been well below par on last season.

I do like the geordies,there a decent bunch,Ive had a few scrapes with their fans over the years,won a few lost a few as you do,but there honest football fans.

Guest domSWFC

Now we won't believe them, now we won't believe them, their not gonna win the league, not gonna win the league. 

51 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Did you go to the first game of the season? I thought the Villa fans made far more noise although in fairness they got both tiers of the away end.

Work on turnstiles that's why I was sat in West Stand today.  Was sat in North Stand West corner for Villa, Geordies sounded alot noisier, but that maybe because I was sat directly below em. Good to see even the South Stand get behind the lads today.

Proper football club, proper football fans. 

Thought their fans were very good today. A bit like ourselves, loud and proud without having to resort to organised YouTube support like Derby, Palace etc. 

I did however also think our home support was excellent today and perhaps that drowned the away following out for many. 

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Proper football club, proper football fans. 

Thought their fans were very good today. A bit like ourselves, loud and proud without having to resort to organised YouTube support like Derby, Palace etc. 

I did however also think our home support was excellent today and perhaps that drowned the away following out for many. 

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^