Newcastle Tho'

Darlow, Lascelles, Shelvey and Ritchie are decent players. Brighton are a better side, and I hope they win it. Hughton is a good guy, and deserves success. Benitez is an oddball, and Ferguson and Mourinho play him like a cello. 

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I've seen them a few times at SJP. They will get the job done and that's all that matters, but they have a way of playing that is pretty much to try and drop the ball in behind to Gayle, otherwise relying on class moments from Ritchie and Shelvey. They don't really look that determined and you feel they should be able to step up a gear.

Rafa has a fantastic reputation but I've been surprised at how one dimensional he has been in the games I've seen. He doesn't try and stop opposition playing til it's too late, even when his team are getting koshed. For example fulhams defenders are all average build but fairly quick. Still he went to try and loop the ball in to Gayle and carried on trying this for 60'mins conceding 3 goals. Brought Murphy on when the horse had bolted and had a late rally of sorts. 

Diame an absolute passenger compared to the player at hull too.

We have a better mix of physical and skilled players IMO. The difference is that they have taken their chances this season and we haven't. 

That's the funny thing though isn't it. They're one dimensional, uninspiring etc etc. They're second and are going to be promoted. We're 6th and in a scrap.

16 minutes ago, jamthesun said:

That's the funny thing though isn't it. They're one dimensional, uninspiring etc etc. They're second and are going to be promoted. We're 6th and in a scrap.

Yeah, I think the difference is that their big players have delivered more often than ours have. I always feel that they seem too relaxed as a team and just strut around waiting for Ritchie, Gayle or Shelvey to do something which they usually do, but lack a bit of fire in their bellies. They didn't like us putting a foot in and we're a soft side! 

Today is an example of how good we could/should be. I can never accuse our team of not trying our best, but we have got very easily frustrated and blown big opportunities. Newcastle and Brighton have handled pressure better on the main.

I was surprised at how predictable they are (going off that). 

Main tactic seemed to be give it to Shelvey deep, who can then ping it up to Gayle who brings it down to try and interlink with Richie and co...

The only intricate football they played was in and around our third; everything else was very direct and one dimensional. 

They'll go up anyway, because they have some serious quality in their squad, but for the amount of money they've spent I can't say I have been impressed when we've played them. 

38 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I was surprised at how predictable they are (going off that). 

Main tactic seemed to be give it to Shelvey deep, who can then ping it up to Gayle who brings it down to try and interlink with Richie and co...

The only intricate football they played was in and around our third; everything else was very direct and one dimensional. 

They'll go up anyway, because they have some serious quality in their squad, but for the amount of money they've spent I can't say I have been impressed when we've played them. 

They are a potent attacking threat but there is something frail about them. Won't be easy next season unless they sort that

Don't like seeing pictures of dead birds. I don't eat chickens either.

Just think they look better flying majestically through the sky.