Forestieri or Lee - most important?

9 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Order of Importance to us. 

Forestieri 

Hutchinson

Lee

Lees 

Westwood.

Id agree but I'd put Loovens in place of Lees. 

FF and Hutch are our 2 stand out players. Both a class above the rest.

1 hour ago, new zealand owl said:

I would swap hutch for FF, agree with the rest.

The problem with that list is that all 5 are central players (possibly bar FF on the left)

Why is that a problem. It's important to have a strong spine down the middle of the team.

13 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

FF without a doubt!

A poster above has got negged for suggesting we need better than Lee. Why is this such a bad suggestion? Lee is an excellent player of course but don't we always want to improve on what we have got?

Which includes FF so the point is irrelevant...

Lee, without him there is no running from our midfield.

His runs forward create space for the forwards.

We've missed Lee massively. 

He's an excellent player and I rate him above Bannan, Jones and - on the basis of what we've seen so far - Abdi. 

Him and Hutch would be a preferred pairing if he was fit and available (assuming we are going with our usual 4-4-2). 

Lee not only works his balls off, but he's an excellent footballer and carries a genuine goal threat. 

Nando is the x-factor in the side. A genuine match winner who can produce a goal out of nothing. When he's on it then there probably isn't a better player in the division. 

So to surmise: 

I want both back because they're two of our best players (I'd put them in our top 5 players, no doubt). 

49 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We've missed Lee massively. 

He's an excellent player and I rate him above Bannan, Jones and - on the basis of what we've seen so far - Abdi. 

Him and Hutch would be a preferred pairing if he was fit and available (assuming we are going with our usual 4-4-2). 

Lee not only works his balls off, but he's an excellent footballer and carries a genuine goal threat. 

Nando is the x-factor in the side. A genuine match winner who can produce a goal out of nothing. When he's on it then there probably isn't a better player in the division. 

So to surmise: 

I want both back because they're two of our best players (I'd put them in our top 5 players, no doubt). 

Just out of interest, who are your other 3 top players.

Interesting question. FF is harder to replace IMO, but Lee would be my first name on the team sheet. I just can't decide. Ignore the stats, apparently they prove we're better off with Nuhiu in the team.

FF - No contest IMO. Our best & most influential player by a distance.

Yep FF for me. Big fan of Lee, but we occasionally look ok without lee. We've been absolutely dire with out ff.

Honestly before I did the stats I'd have said FF without doubt - he's the match winner in a side that too often looks bereft of a genuine attacking threat. The stats just back that up for me. 

Was interesting also looking at the games we've played without Lee - they include probably our two best performances of the season (Newcastle away and Norwich at home) plus other good wins like Hudds and Birmingham. 

Ever considered factoring in fixture difficulty? What if the games with Forestieri were much easier than without him?

3 hours ago, CTL said:

Ever considered factoring in fixture difficulty? What if the games with Forestieri were much easier than without him?

Blimey, I haven't got THAT much free time on my hands!

If anything though it'd be the other way around as I know Forestieri missed both the Toytown games.

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Just out of interest, who are your other 3 top players.

Currently it would be....

Hutchinson

Westwood 

and...

probably Lees (if firing and on form). 

Perhaps a Rhodes or someone might make that list if he starts scoring more. 

Lee. Love everything about him. Workrate, passion, skill, brain, attitude. 

While I respect that Fernando is an outstanding player he's proved in the past he hasn't always got the right attitude. I'll always support him while he plays for us but I don't like him. I know many will disagree with that but that's just how I feel.

And just to add, I am in no way doubting Fernandos importance to the team. Hes massively important to us but out of the 2 Lee is the main man for me.

Edited by poite

Lee is more important in my opinion. He is the engine room of the team , the one who drives us forward. 

14 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

What's the something extra?

A midfield