Wolfmanjack

The Wolfman ripped me apart on one of my first posts just cos I got a date wrong from over 40 years ago, since then we constantly bickered back and forth and we even occasionally agreed on some things... He probably set my cynical tones on OT more than any other poster...

It's always sad to loose any member of the WEDNESDAY family, he was a well known poster on here and my condolences go to all those that knew him in "real life"... 

R.I.P Wolfman Jack.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Terrible news.  I had been wondering where he was.  Always called a spade a spade.  My thoughts go out to the family!

I had the absolute pleasure (or displeasure perhaps!) of sitting next to Jeremy on the North stand for 14 years. Like Trev we met at the same work place and shared in all the football banter and soon I found myself sitting next to him on the North. He was as everyone has described on here, a wind up merchant at times (the best believe me) grumpy, argumentative, pessimistic but believe me he was also very knowledgable, passionate, hilariously funny and loved Wednesday more than life. He had so many stories from before I was born about watching Wednesday in the 70's and the old players. Whenever a player was down to do the 50/50 who played for us way back i would always say who? and he would say what do you mean who!! and lecture me about the player. He loved Peter Swan, Bronco Lane and would talk about the early days supporting Wednesday. 

We also used to talk about Owlstalk. Mainly after he had caused a poo storm on here and he was getting grief and I would say to him at the match I see you are upsetting folk on Owlstalk again. And he would say life would be rubbish if we all had the same opinion. He genuinely loved posting on here because the majority of people even if they disagreed with him were all passionate about Wednesday and thats what gave him pleasure. Talking about Wednesday. Towards the end I joked with him about how people would miss him posting on owlstalk. Not bloody likely he said. From what i've read how wrong he was.   

1 minute ago, Jez3942 said:

I had the absolute pleasure (or displeasure perhaps!) of sitting next to Jeremy on the North stand for 14 years. Like Trev we met at the same work place and shared in all the football banter and soon I found myself sitting next to him on the North. He was as everyone has described on here, a wind up merchant at times (the best believe me) grumpy, argumentative, pessimistic but believe me he was also very knowledgable, passionate, hilariously funny and loved Wednesday more than life. He had so many stories from before I was born about watching Wednesday in the 70's and the old players. Whenever a player was down to do the 50/50 who played for us way back i would always say who? and he would say what do you mean who!! and lecture me about the player. He loved Peter Swan, Bronco Lane and would talk about the early days supporting Wednesday. 

We also used to talk about Owlstalk. Mainly after he had caused a poo storm on here and he was getting grief and I would say to him at the match I see you are upsetting folk on Owlstalk again. And he would say life would be rubbish if we all had the same opinion. He genuinely loved posting on here because the majority of people even if they disagreed with him were all passionate about Wednesday and thats what gave him pleasure. Talking about Wednesday. Towards the end I joked with him about how people would miss him posting on owlstalk. Not bloody likely he said. From what i've read how wrong he was.   

Fantastic. :rolleyes:

Also it choked me up. 

Don't really know what to say

I never met him but we go back along time on here and it comes as a real shock - and also incredibly sad

I liked his posts - his love of Wednesday always shone through and he never, ever worried about being the lone voice disagreeing with everybody else. He stuck to his guns but was never abusive or personal - a really valued OT contributor

One thing i do remember though - and respect him enormously for - was his vast knowledge and love of music

A real gem

RIP Wolfie

Thoughts and condolences to family and loved ones