Carlos interview

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Like against Newcastle you mean? 

So you have gone back to Boxing Day to find a decent Bannan performance in a midfield two.

That is a long time ago.

The big difference of course was FF playing second striker where he works back tirelessly to help the midfield .

40 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Don't agree that's not a mid table midfield it's bottom 6 .rest of team is playoff standard definitely not our midfield like I've said before no manager could get that lot to do what they ain't capable of . Huge mistake in January not getting that certain midfielder from barnsley on cheap .Carlos is going to send us backwards big time huge squad all on long term lucrative deals what we are stuck with ,a new manager won't be able to fetch many in .won't make any difference if he goes now or not Carlos has already left us in a mess with the disastrous transfer policy .only thing I would do if u was manager is get mcgugan in place of the hopeless bannan and get players to push forward a lot more nothing to lose is there now.

Well Abdi did 30 games in the PL, so I'm pretty sure he's good enough. Bannan's having to drop back to get the ball. McGugan's good enough. Reach isn't worth the transfer fee, but he's not hopeless. No manager can overcome the loss of Lee, but I'd still give a new man a chance for impact value. With no parachute team in there, and £150 million at stake, what's to lose?

Guest Kameron
2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Hooper has been fit for two months out of the 8 months the season has lasted.

There have been loads but if you can't recall that one I ain't listing them all

Is that Hooper who was played from the bench on many occasions last season?  the same Hooper who Carlos replaced with Fletcher?? We have been bobbar all season no matter what players have been available, we signed two top strikers in January and have made them both look awful, CC is at fault not injured players that have made little difference to results.  

Just now, Kameron said:

Is that Hooper who was played from the bench on many occasions last season?  the same Hooper who Carlos replaced with Fletcher?? We have been bobbar all season no matter what players have been available, we signed two top strikers in January and have made them both look awful, CC is at fault not injured players that have made little difference to results.  

Yes, I do agree. In the past I blamed it all on injuries, but you're right. Lee might make a difference, but having the rest all fit probably wouldn't.

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

So called fans? One win in 7 after a lot of money spent and a good season last year. 

Id say the fans have a right to be annoyed. Luckily the deluded ones seem to be few and far between on here today 

TRUE!!!!

16 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

I really find you very critical of your fellow Wednesday fans, most of the time you're either slagging off people calling into the radio station or posting on here, I've never heard any constructive counter argument offered by your good self .

Just my opinion mind.

And my opinion is that a large section of sheffield football fans are simply a bunch of miserable gobshites.

Just my opinion..and i dont throw the toys out of the pram if people disagree with me.

Sorry for not joining the owlstalk concensus.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Well Abdi did 30 games in the PL, so I'm pretty sure he's good enough. Bannan's having to drop back to get the ball. McGugan's good enough. Reach isn't worth the transfer fee, but he's not hopeless. No manager can overcome the loss of Lee, but I'd still give a new man a chance for impact value. With no parachute team in there, and £150 million at stake, what's to lose?

Is that Lee who played in some of the worst performances ever witnessed by Wednesday supporters????? We were playing garbage with him in the side and have been equally garbage without him.  DC should have had the testicles to sack Carlos weeks ago, we will now pay the price for sticking by a totally incompetent buffoon who has learnt nothing from last season.  

9 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Sorry mate but you are talking rubbish.

Hooper was top scorer last season and started when fit. His problem is being fit enough to last 90 mins 

Fletcher has never replaced Hooper. Fletcher was signed as an improvement on Nuhiu and Joao in our pool of strikers. He started up front in the first part of the season because Hooper was not fit. Once he got fit he started.

Then Hooper got injured at Fulham mid November and he hasn't been fit since.

22 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

So you have gone back to Boxing Day to find a decent Bannan performance in a midfield two.

That is a long time ago.

The big difference of course was FF playing second striker where he works back tirelessly to help the midfield .

Was just the last time I remember comentry saying that Bannan controlled the game. 

Them in I had to double check he played in a two! 

I think the bannan out muscled, we outmuscled argument is a myth if the best team in the league he/we out muscled and over ran. 

Shame me we can't do it more often. But if you do it once it proves you can 

29 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Is Milan still advising dc anyone know. As a poster said milan would have given cc the bullet now.

He did it with Megson is a similar situation when we were starting to drop off the promotion pace ,and it worked wonders. 

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

Sorry mate but you are talking rubbish.

Hooper was top scorer last season and started when fit. His problem is being fit enough to last 90 mins 

Fletcher has never replaced Hooper. Fletcher was signed as an improvement on Nuhiu and Joao in our pool of strikers. He started up front in the first part of the season because Hooper was not fit. Once he got fit he started.

Then Hooper got injured at Fulham mid November and he hasn't been fit since.

Hooper was used from the Bench on many occasions last season.  Yes he's been injured this season but would Carlos have started him ahead of Winall, Rhodes or Fletcher?? He should be ahead of the lot but Like today would have spent much of his time warming the bench.  

2 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks on here. As soon as Mr Chansiri identifies a better candidate and timing is right then Carlos will be gone.

Three suggestions from me.

The fulham manager

The Hull manager 

Sean Dyche 

All perhaps unrealistic but depends how much DC could offer. All of the above would be an upgrade on CC

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Was just the last time I remember comentry saying that Bannan controlled the game. 

Them in I had to double check he played in a two! 

I think the bannan out muscled, we outmuscled argument is a myth if the best team in the league he/we out muscled and over ran. 

Shame me we can't do it more often. But if you do it once it proves you can 

To be honest I think the answer is Bannan is ok in a midfield two if the team is playing well and he has space to operate with the ball but teams target him, make him defend and drop deeper and he ends up in a scrap he never wins

14 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Is that Lee who played in some of the worst performances ever witnessed by Wednesday supporters????? We were playing garbage with him in the side and have been equally garbage without him.  DC should have had the testicles to sack Carlos weeks ago, we will now pay the price for sticking by a totally incompetent buffoon who has learnt nothing from last season.  

I just think that Lee gave us some industry and energy in there which we now lack, regardless of the manager. I'm not saying that his return would suddenly transform us into world beaters. Nor am I saying that he didn't have a hand in some poor performances. I too have believed for some time that a new manager is needed, but the majority of Owls fans wanted CC to remain in post. Maybe that's contributed to Chansiri holding fire too.

Guest Kameron
5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I just think that Lee gave us some industry and energy in there which we now lack, regardless of the manager. I'm not saying that his return would suddenly transform us into world beaters. Nor am I saying that he didn't have a hand in some poor performances. I too have believed for some time that a new manager is needed, but the majority of Owls fans wanted CC to remain in post. Maybe that's contributed to Chansiri holding fire too.

We have sacked far too many managers over the years but Carlos should have genuinely been shown the door before xmas.  He's had no excuses like those before him, DC has absolutely backed him to the hilt.  The weaknesses from last season were glaringly obvious yet Carlos decided he knew best, it's failed big time and now it's to late to make the change.  With regards to Lee he's simply not good enough to be part of a promotion winning side, neither is Bannan nor Hutchinson if he's to be played in midfield.  It's time for a total rebuild because the current set up ain't working, we'll be in mid table come the end of the season and that's simply not good enough.

21 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Three suggestions from me.

The fulham manager

The Hull manager 

Sean Dyche 

All perhaps unrealistic but depends how much DC could offer. All of the above would be an upgrade on CC

Three from me.

Barnsley Manager

The Preston Manager

or The Burton manager.

8 minutes ago, Kameron said:

We have sacked far too many managers over the years but Carlos should have genuinely been shown the door before xmas.  He's had no excuses like those before him, DC has absolutely backed him to the hilt.  The weaknesses from last season were glaringly obvious yet Carlos decided he knew best, it's failed big time and now it's to late to make the change.  With regards to Lee he's simply not good enough to be part of a promotion winning side, neither is Bannan nor Hutchinson if he's to be played in midfield.  It's time for a total rebuild because the current set up ain't working, we'll be in mid table come the end of the season and that's simply not good enough.

John Sheridan was a great passer of the ball, had vision, and scored goals. But he was also slow, couldn't tackle and was poor in the air. Had John had those additional attributes he'd never have been a Wednesday player. He'd have been at Old Trafford or Anfield. It's unlikely that we'll ever have players of all-round ability, especially at this level, and that's why we had Carlton in there to do the things which John couldn't do. In other words, we need balance.

Bannan and Lee aren't technically bad players, but they're lightweight. A fact exploited by Monk at Hillsborough in the autumn when he picked the biggest midfield known to man. He also doubled up down the flanks, a key area of our success last season, so you could say that the writing was already on the wall after the defeat to Leeds. Carlos made a big miscalculation when he believed he could drop Hutch into defence permanently. It left us lightweight in midfield and meant that we didn't sign another CB.

Teams were never going to give us the licence to play as we did last season, and Carlos is at a loss this season how to respond. Newcastle have better all-round players than us, so maybe he'd have more joy there trying to play last season's football this season, but for a non-parachute club it's more important to be efficient, rock-solid in defence, and pragmatic. It's not that Carlos hasn't correctly identified that, it's just that he's not good at it. Alas, the Karanka/Gray approach isn't his thing.

3 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

It's like that new relationship. Everything's great, you laugh at each other's jokes, get regular sex, she even gives BJ's. 

Fast forward 12 months and things aren't quite the same. She's still fit but not like she was. The BJ's stopped months ago and you sit on separate sofa's on your iPads. 

Passions gone and Wednesday fans want sexy back. Can Carlos light our fire again or will we be leading separate lives come may?

Answers on a postcard etc etc 

The divorce papers are already in the post... lol