Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

 

I know what you mean but in all honesty we have no idea do we.  I always got that feeling with Brian Laws, too nice to really ever lay into players.  Not sure with Carlos. And with someone like Bullen on the staff I can see him being a strong voice.

We don't know but something is definitely not right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

 

In light of what was achieved last season and what has been spent on whom this season, I'd say the so called fans are entitled to something better than what is currently being served up.

 

He has also had time too..

 

If he can't handle it and deliver with money to spend and with the best squad we have had in eons, he should be replaced by someone who can.

It's football, your entitled to sweet fa 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LJH1867OWLS said:

It's football, your entitled to sweet fa 

 

Bit like life really...

 

I was speaking figuratively.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

It's football, your entitled to sweet fa 

Correct you have to go out and get it . We do t have a clue how to do that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's out of his depth .

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Problem is, that argument doesn't live up when we have the largest squad in the division.

You look at the names on the team sheet today and compare it to the other starting XI teams in the playoffs. Even with "lots of the squad" being injured, you should still say we're a team that should be in the play-offs with that side.

 

Makes it even more damning that we're struggling in recent weeks as we have been

It doesn't matter if you've the largest or smallest squad if 3/5 of your best players are seemingly always out. 

 

Barcelona minus Pique, Messi, Neymar and Iniesta not likely to trouble top 2/3 in a far less competitive league with a far greater squad. 

 

I agree the team team put out today should more than capable of delivering playoff place. Who's to say that a hard earned point away to a rival isn't a good result? 

 

I also think if that team / matchday sqiad played week in week out we'd comfortably be sixth or above. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Might be suffering from unnecessary pressure applied by so called fans

 

Someone said it other day. 

 

Whats the point in owners saying where they want to be in 2 or 3 years.

 

Then certain fans expect that to happen when it's never ever that simple.  

  • Disagree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched it..oh dear.

I still think he's a good coach but he needs to cut his teeth in the English game elsewhere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

You mean the fans who have backed the club all season and paid some of the highest prices in the league to do so? 

 

Have a day off, pal. 

 

The emphasis was on unnecessary pressure. Apologies if I doubted any loyalties of our fantastic fans.

 

Feel though, that with only a few games left, and with CC quite obviously not going to bow to fan pressure, a more positive and supportive approach, rather than burdening the manager with another ball and chain to haul around, may prove more beneficial.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

 

We have one of the biggest squads in the league and a lot has been spent on it.  It's not a good enough excuse anymore and highlights how bad in hindsight our recruitment strategy has been.

 

Semedo should be nowhere near the bench - says it all.

 

Under Gray we finished top 10 with a mediocre squad and very little investment.

 

That excuse would have been justified then, not now.

 

 

 

 

Get yourself down the Leather Bottle and drown your sorrows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Might be suffering from unnecessary pressure applied by so called fans

Not handling the pressure is precisely why he needs sacking. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

He's out of his depth .

 

I wouldnt say that , but i think he has run out of ideas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

 

The emphasis was on unnecessary pressure. Apologies if I doubted any loyalties of our fantastic fans.

 

Feel though, that with only a few games left, and with CC quite obviously not going to bow to fan pressure, a more positive and supportive approach, rather than burdening the manager with another ball and chain to haul around, may prove more beneficial.

Kinell Simon, the football is shocking.

Carlos has had free reign..not a ball and chain...the fans have been patient too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

 

In light of what was achieved last season and what has been spent on whom this season, I'd say the so called fans are entitled to something better than what is currently being served up.

 

He has also had time too..

 

If he can't handle it and deliver with money to spend and with the best squad we have had in eons, he should be replaced by someone who can.

He probably will be, but in the summer, not now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

 

With a lot of that best squad you refer to being injured for large parts of the season.

Maybe, but were in the business part of the season and good managers find a way to get results and if we'd addressed instead of getting in players we really didn't need cover for and frozen some players out completely tgen the areas we needed to in the summer or in January we'd have had what we needed as cover. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sick of "this is football" or whatever.

 

Brighton, bar Knocheart and the centre halves, are w@nk.

 

Newcastle have invested heavily on players who probably won't make it in the Premier League.

 

Huddersfield are up there by hard work.

 

Do the basics and you get it right. We pressed teams last season and we don't do it anymore. Fair enough, it works away against the bigger teams (sometimes), but not every game. testicles to passing it between our defenders and slowing it down - we're not good enough to do it. You know what, if we attack and miss out on the play offs then fair enough, give it a go, but at the moment we're stumbling along to nothing.

  • Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good play and creativity comes through the midfield

 

yes he we have a strong strikeforce, but if you look at our midfield it does lack in quality

 

bannan - overrated by many and hasn't been good for some time

jones - less said the better

reach - comes in for unfair stick but not sure he's quite enough

abdi - either injured or banished completely

wallace - meh

 

going by the ones we own, it's pretty grim viewing. That's a mid table championship midfield

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How he can say we gave everything to win... If we did our players ain't worth owt... Sorry enough Is enough... Carlos is poor.

 

Baffles me. 

 

DC, NEEDS TO ACT... I would rather him go now... Simply because I can't be bothered to listen to the same rubbish every week :) 

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy Boombox said:

I'm sick of "this is football" or whatever.

 

Brighton, bar Knocheart and the centre halves, are w@nk.

 

Newcastle have invested heavily on players who probably won't make it in the Premier League.

 

Huddersfield are up there by hard work.

 

Do the basics and you get it right. We pressed teams last season and we don't do it anymore. Fair enough, it works away against the bigger teams (sometimes), but not every game. testicles to passing it between our defenders and slowing it down - we're not good enough to do it. You know what, if we attack and miss out on the play offs then fair enough, give it a go, but at the moment we're stumbling along to nothing.

It's tepid to watch and devoid of any real positivity at the moment and nobody seems to have the balls or the leadership to grab the game by the scruff and make things happen or up the tempo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've n0bbed it this season, been coming for so long. as someone else mentioned, it could be a ranieri at Leicester situation, maybe the players have stopped playing for Carlos, summats definitely not right, and hasn't been for ages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...