Carlos interview

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Might be suffering from unnecessary pressure applied by so called fans

In light of what was achieved last season and what has been spent on whom this season, I'd say the so called fans are entitled to something better than what is currently being served up.

He has also had time too..

If he can't handle it and deliver with money to spend and with the best squad we have had in eons, he should be replaced by someone who can.

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

In light of what was achieved last season and what has been spent on whom this season, I'd say the so called fans are entitled to something better than what is currently being served up.

If he can't handle it and deliver with money to spend and with the best squad we have had in eons, he should be replaced by someone who can.

With a lot of that best squad you refer to being injured for large parts of the season.

8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Which is why football managers are so well remunerated compared to MDs/CEOs of similarly sized businesses. This is the sort of situation they need to cope with. CC's managerial record suggests he doesn't cope well with pressure/expectation.

Edited by Almat

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

With a lot of that best squad you refer to being injured for large parts of the season.

We have one of the biggest squads in the league and a lot has been spent on it.  It's not a good enough excuse anymore and highlights how bad in hindsight our recruitment strategy has been.

Semedo should be nowhere near the bench - says it all.

Under Gray we finished top 10 with a mediocre squad and very little investment.

That excuse would have been justified then, not now.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Problem is, that argument doesn't live up when we have the largest squad in the division.

You look at the names on the team sheet today and compare it to the other starting XI teams in the playoffs. Even with "lots of the squad" being injured, you should still say we're a team that should be in the play-offs with that side.

Makes it even more damning that we're struggling in recent weeks as we have been

15 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So called fans? One win in 7 after a lot of money spent and a good season last year. 

Id say the fans have a right to be annoyed. Luckily the deluded ones seem to be few and far between on here today 

9 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

You mean the fans who have backed the club all season and paid some of the highest prices in the league to do so? 

Have a day off, pal. 

Well said, if you dare ask upwards of 40 quid for Newcastle 36 for reading etc etc you sure as hell cant blame the fans for expecting the manager to at least have a clue what he's doing 

21 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Absolute load of tripe.

Yet another " so called fans remark "

We are fans because we care about what's happened to the side under the so called manager's reign this season.
If you can't see there's something drastically wrong at the club, then heaven help you.

UTO

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Sometimes managers can be too nice and players know how they can get away with it. I'm not saying lay into them on radio I mean off the field and wonder if that's now affecting performances 

I know what you mean but in all honesty we have no idea do we.  I always got that feeling with Brian Laws, too nice to really ever lay into players.  Not sure with Carlos. And with someone like Bullen on the staff I can see him being a strong voice.

Just not bothered...

20 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

It's football, your entitled to sweet fa