When is this dire football going to end?

Guest mrbluesky

15 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Seems like some on here need to take a trip over to Birmingham's forum and ask them how much they're enjoying their swashbuckling performances this season, playing twinkle-toes football and losing 3-0 every week.

Last season you could argue the quality of performances had a certain significance because Chansiri had STs to sell, but points are the only thing that matter now.

Well, we got one today. Good enough? 

And the rest of your post is just as nuts...:ghoulguy:

Edited by Almat

13 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Seems like some on here need to take a trip over to Birmingham's forum and ask them how much they're enjoying their swashbuckling performances this season, playing twinkle-toes football and losing 3-0 every week.

Last season you could argue the quality of performances had a certain significance because Chansiri had STs to sell, but points are the only thing that matter now.

Your comment is quite mind boggling. We played well last season because Chansiri needed to sell season tickets, and now he doesn't? And now we don't need to play well? Points are all that matter, like 5 from the last possible 21?

New ideas needed. We've gone stale. Without Forestieri we're a top 10 side. We need a manager who can grind out results when our squads depleted. Someone like Gary Rowett... Oh too late.

Edited by Crofty_11

I personally think Carlos will go in the summer now regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season.

Any momentum we had under him has been lost and he doesn't look as though he can get that momentum back even with better players than he had this time last year.

Next season is a big season for many reasons and Mr Chansiri has a big call to make IMO. 

Let's not kid ourselves we didn't deserve to win that. I can count on one hand the amount of good performances this season, poor recruitment, slow tempo, boring tactics, don't create anything for our very expensive strikers, 1 win in 7. 

Carlos needs to go. I have zero belief he will ever get us out of this division. 

Guest mrbluesky
18 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

If it`s points you insist on take our last 7 games,I`m not interested in any other club,so by your theory we are going to be hammered every week but play nice football,if you insist on taking Birmingham as an example we are poles apart in terms of quality of players or you would have thought so.

1 minute ago, NIOwl said:

I almost forgot, we were once struggling in League 1, remember guys? So look where we are now, lets celebrate. 

We need to differentiate between two things here. (a) financial investment (b) management. We were struggling in League 1 due to lack of investment, not due to poor management. When Mandy departed the club, of Chansiri he said "He'll make mistakes". My word, he's made a big one these last two weeks.

Personally if I was Chansiri I'd be getting in touch with Harry Redknapp and offering him the job until the end of the season with the incentive of a massive bonus for promotion.

Nothing to lose on Redknapp's part at all. 

People may disagree but we need a spark of posititivity.

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

Let's not kid ourselves we didn't deserve to win that. I can count on one hand the amount of good performances this season, poor recruitment, slow tempo, boring tactics, don't create anything for our very expensive strikers, 1 win in 7. 

Carlos needs to go. I have zero belief he will ever get us out of this division. 

I started to feel the same way around October last year...it became pretty obvious quite quickly tbh.

No plan or strategy evident, even back in the summer when we started recruiting. For me, offering Semedo a contract extension set the alarm bells ringing.

Surely DC can see it ain't working - wonder what he is waiting for..does he want us to go up this season?  Or have a go next term with someone new.

Perhaps he just can't bring himself to axe CC - most chairmans would have sent him packing ...MM certainly would have done.

6 minutes ago, NIOwl said:

I almost forgot, we were once struggling in League 1, remember guys? So look where we are now, lets celebrate. 

What - 1 win in the last 7? 5 points out of the last 21? Dire football??

Sorry, but no thanks. Comparisons with our time in League One aren't valid - there's been a step change in our finances, squad and realistic aspirations.

Guest mrbluesky

I don`t think for 1 minute he`ll get the sack and he should be given ti the end of the season,but the football isn`t going to change is my fear and it could be part of the reason he hasn`t lasted long at other clubs.

It's not good enough and we're clearly sliding out of the play offs. After the Norwich game it was all there for the taking. But we're blowing it and I can only see two more wins from our remaining fixtures. Finish on 70 pts and 8th place