Barnsley vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread. ***Early Kick Off, 12:30***

1 hour ago, VictoryBell said:

Excellent OMDT but maybe the song should be; 

He did a follow up record called 'Not working in a coal mine'.  That would be more appropriate after Thatcher.

Last minute, Carlton Palmer, goal, celebrate, chaos, duck fists and boots from the Barnsley fans on their end, exits and leaves quickly for the station.

Oh the memories of youth....

And don't forget t'coil oils.

Promotion back on track after today.

Edited by theowlsman

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Fox

Wallace

Bannan

Hutch

Forestieri

Winnall

Rhodes

Subs: Wildsmith, Pudil, McManaman, Reach, Jones, Fletcher, Hooper

Bit nervous today. But we should have far too much for these. Wouldn't be surprised to see Winnall on the bench today.

Hoping for a 3-0 win, Hooper to score 2 off the bench after Winnall scores in the opening 10.

A very good morning to you all, excellent stuff from Pauli - my carriage has been treated to the repeated sounds of sniggers and suppressed laughter as I worked my way through that.

Been looking forward to today, Oakwell is one of my favourite grounds - you can make a hell of a noise in that away end. It also helps that it was the first ground I went to following Wednesday away and I've been plenty of times since. I even got to do an OMDT for a pre-season friendly there a few years ago, which was probably the most exciting that's ever occurred in my life. 

Anyway, one of this season's biggest frustrations for me is our inability to kick on from good results (like the Newcastle or Norwich games) and go on a run. However, our runs of rubbishness haven't lasted that long either, so let's hope today is another good result, even if we subsequently fail to kick on from it. We tend to be quite good at local derbies so I'm quietly hopeful, the locals will be so obsessed with hurling abuse at Winnall that they'll fail to notice Rhodes or Hooper raining down goals on our way to victory. Or something like that.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!! 

Barnsley 1-3 Wednesday (Bannan 35, Winnall 46, Bradshaw 78, Hutchinson 80)

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Nothing less than 3 points will do today, it's time this side who are capable of so much more starting delivering the dominant performances we know they are capable of... COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

Totally agree. I think we need 6 points from 6 and I think we will get them. Got good records at the Dingles and Toytown. We have some tough fixtures coming up - Carlos up against Benitez, Rowett, Holloway and Colin. 

Like you say, we need to start stamping our authority on games and we should have the confidence of doing this with the players we have at our disposal.