Barnsley vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread. ***Early Kick Off, 12:30***

Playoffs still in our hands but I've lost confidence that we will make them , I've been a big supporter of Carlos but his tactics are destroying our chances.

Teams should be looking at our squad and be very scared of how we will rip them apart but we're so negative our attacking play is too predictable.

We had to win these 2 games for me. Our fixtures are pretty tough after Tuesday.

We've also opened the door for Norwich who can't believe their luck.

i no longer think we'll

make the play offs tbh, and even if we do I don't think we're good enough to come through.

We're not a patch on last year's side it seems, despite heavy investment.

CC is failing I'm afraid.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Just can't see us getting in the play offs. 

We've had SO many chances to cement our position in the top six and failed miserably time after time. 

Furthermore, we have gotten away with it in recent weeks on two, three occasions and still haven't made it matter. 

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Bitterly disappointed. I've been defending the coach on the basis that he's on a learning curve.

He isn't learning..I've been wrong about him I think.

the thing is almost everyone wants him to do well, but I'm afraid the expectancy from last season has found out his (IF it was his ) recruitment and a stubbornness to change a busted flush of a game plan if indeed there is one

I wasn't there today to judge, other than the orgasmic screams from giddings' commentary implying we were battered  by a team we amongst others plundered for their stars

it's a blo*dy shame when you like a manager's public persona, I  just hope he wakes up or bullen grows some and tells him 

DC has given CC every chance to succeed, and he's failed to impress. Even his supporters are seriously questioning his tactics and game management, and I would suspect so is DC. Furthermore recruitment has been questionable and he has lacked the management skill to get the best out of his players. The biggest mystery must concern the amount spent on forwards and the inability to use them effectively.

7 minutes ago, steelowl said:

the thing is almost everyone wants him to do well, but I'm afraid the expectancy from last season has found out his (IF it was his ) recruitment and a stubbornness to change a busted flush of a game plan if indeed there is one

I wasn't there today to judge, other than the orgasmic screams from giddings' commentary implying we were battered  by a team we amongst others plundered for their stars

it's a blo*dy shame when you like a manager's public persona, I  just hope he wakes up or bullen grows some and tells him 

It's looking like you're dead right.

10 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

We got a draw away to rivals up for our blood. Performance was poor but result is OK.

It's not just about today, though. It's about how poor we've been most of the season, how negative and one dimensional our style of play has become, and how we have repeatedly bottled opportunities to establish ourselves firmly in the play-off places. The result might have been "OK" if we were comfortably in 3rd or 4th place, but the reality is that we're now in danger of missing out on the play-offs altogether.

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

The problem at the moment isn't the fans. It really isn't.

It's a team that isn't performing well enough. Blaming the fans is - frankly - pathetic.  Some of us were saying earlier in the season performances weren't matching results and we were accused of being poor fans when in reality we were worried results would start to match performances - and lo and behold. And it wasn't just fans - people like John Newsome and Keith Andrews were saying the performances weren't good enough. 

Now there are sneers about naysayers and what have you. Believe me I take no pleasure in it  - at all. I haven't been watching Wednesday for this many years because I want to see them fail. Quite the opposite - hence my complaints. I was worried.

And I know there are 2 teams playing but last season we were playing Championship level teams too. I don't buy this we've been found out either or the we're no longer a surprise business. Are we saying the pros last year had Wednesday watched but disregarded it or didn't watch us at al so we were a surprise. 

We've been trying to do a Portugal and bore teams to death and it's been rubbish. 

It's easy to do a Portugal if you have Ronaldo, we unfortunately do not... We're the steel city in Yorkshire  and the two things more than anything we were crying out for as signings this year for me was some proper steel in the midfield and defence and some good old Yorkshire gritt. We had that under SG, under Carlos it seems to have been stripped from this side. What I wouldn't give for a few players with the attitude of an Andy Booth right now. On the pitch we seem like a rudderless shop, just floating along in the breeze. The direction from last season is gone and we seem to be missing the compass. 

Went today, expected to see fresh legs after international break. What did we get....lethargy.

Reach and Winnall deserve positive mentions for their input but Bannan and especially Loovens were bordering on disgraceful today. Regarding Loovens I have never seen a player as casual and slow at this level. I was terrified whenever he got the ball.

Was a big CC fan and have tried to stick with him but I honestly don't mind if he goes now. Playing for 45 mins out of 90 is unacceptable and with the strikers we have we should be scoring for fun but the creativity is non-existent. Cue the injury excuses. 

Personally I can't see us hanging on for the play offs. I hope I'm wrong.

31 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Im never confident we wont concede 

I'm also never confident we can create a goal from open play anymore.  We've even given up on scoring pelanties.  We used to look like we worked on our set pieces, they don't give me any confidence any more.  Disillusioned at the moment as I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

We have he players and yet we stick to a system which is clearly not working.

It's ridiculous. We've been told that teams are setting up to defend against us more - well, you know what, find a way to beat them. The good teams do.

We'll be 7th tonight. We were play-off finalists last year. I doubt we will be this year.

The better teams find ways to win despite injuries and how other teams set up.

Well, yet again, another poor performance! Story of our season.

We don't win first balls, or seconds. We never challenge, we constantly sit back and invite pressure. We have no width, no pace, there's no movement and we're slow in possession and apart from Hutch nobody can challenge. The summer signings have been woeful! Barnsley aren't a good team.

We don't deserve the play offs. We have spent big and crap players and the teams around us have spent sod all! 

I keep seeing Reach had a good game? Apart from goal he is minging to watch. How many times did Jones touch ball today? Bannan got how muscled, tackled and couldn't pass. And Mcman kept falling over! The midfield got us to the final last year, this year it has given us another season in Championship.

Not asking for Carlos' head. I just want dead wood released! 

Shows how much we miss Fessi and Lee.

Our huge squad is there to be used, George Hirst is available for selection, is Carlos reticent to experiment? Rotherham are now relegated, Paul Warne might just as well throw the kitchen sink at us on Tuesday night, I reckon that this match will define our season, we must beat them and get something from the Newcastle match to have any chance of a play offs place, over to you Carlos.