Barnsley vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread. ***Early Kick Off, 12:30***

That side out today is more than good enough for a play off spot yet by this even well be out of em. Our full strength squad on any other day is good enough for promotion. For me you've got to ask some serious questions re Carlos.

14 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not good enough but you can't sack Carlos now....it would be ridiculous.  He will be gone if we don't make the play offs though, I'm sure of that.

Why would it be ridiculous ? 

Could they play worse ?

I just don't get why we play the same way and expect a different outcome. What are they doing on the training ground? Where's the passion, fight, tempo, determination to take the game to the opposition? Instead we play game after game like we are just going through the motions.

I really want CC to succeed but the longer we keep playing like this the more the conclusion emerges that he might not know how he can change things. We are far too cautious and lethargic when we play away, and have no idea how to break teams down at home, even though opponents have been parking the bus since the start of the season.

Come on Carlos, give us something to cling onto that you can change things for the better. You can survive poor performances if we're getting the points, but if we're poor and not getting results then it puts you right in the spotlight.

Guest BULGARIA

Players dont seem to be playing for Carlos anymore. Not blaming Carlos entirely as i am sure there are some big egos and huge wage earners sat in the dressing room and i dont think he can manage them all. Maybe he is too nice?

Time for a change me thinks.

Today was the day we really had an opportunity to put our previous bad form behind us.  

We're not really making it easy for ourselves are we?

Seems like we have carried on where we left off before the international break.  

We really needed those three points today, as we can't keep relying on Fulham to drop points week after week.  

Lets see what happens this afternoon, 

Take it easy lads and lasses. 

7 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

The problem at the moment isn't the fans. It really isn't.

It's a team that isn't performing well enough. Blaming the fans is - frankly - pathetic.  Some of us were saying earlier in the season performances weren't matching results and we were accused of being poor fans when in reality we were worried results would start to match performances - and lo and behold. And it wasn't just fans - people like John Newsome and Keith Andrews were saying the performances weren't good enough. 

Now there are sneers about naysayers and what have you. Believe me I take no pleasure in it  - at all. I haven't been watching Wednesday for this many years because I want to see them fail. Quite the opposite - hence my complaints. I was worried.

And I know there are 2 teams playing but last season we were playing Championship level teams too. I don't buy this we've been found out either or the we're no longer a surprise business. Are we saying the pros last year had Wednesday watched but disregarded it or didn't watch us at al so we were a surprise. 

We've been trying to do a Portugal and bore teams to death and it's been rubbish. 

21 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not good enough but you can't sack Carlos now....it would be ridiculous.  He will be gone if we don't make the play offs though, I'm sure of that.

Why not. Most teams get an upturn in form from new manager syndrome, surely keeping him as a dead man walking worse. worth the risk whilst we can still make the playoffs. 

Keeping him is like just giving up. 

Edited by kingsidney

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It's a team that isn't performing well enough. Blaming the fans is - frankly - pathetic.  Some of us were saying earlier in the season performances weren't matching results and we were accused of being poor fans when in reality we were worried results would start to match performances - and lo and behold. And it wasn't just fans - people like John Newsome and Keith Andrews were saying the performances weren't good enough. 

Now there are sneers about naysayers and what have you. Believe me I take no pleasure in it  - at all. I haven't been watching Wednesday for this many years because I want to see them fail. Quite the opposite - hence my complaints. I was worried.

And I know there are 2 teams playing but last season we were playing Championship level teams too. I don't buy this we've been found out either or the we're no longer a surprise business. Are we saying the pros last year had Wednesday watched but disregarded it or didn't watch us at al so we were a surprise. 

We've been trying to do a Portugal and bore teams to death and it's been rubbish. 

Top post and couldn't have summed it up better myself.

We need to change something and have done for the majority of the season, that something is the manager.

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Spot on ^^^^^^^^^^

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Spot on, deriding fans because they think we aren't playing well isn't the solution. We aren't playing well and bar a small handful of games and moments in games it's been like that all season 

Such a talented squad as well 

Five points out of 21, pathetic, especially when considering that only two of the matches were against top 8 opposition. Carlos was handed a lifeline with the mini Fulham collapse and the International break. He's failed to convince and the odds are stacking up against us reaching the play-offs, he'll be lucky to survive methinks.