Worst team players since 2000? Shows how far we've come...

3 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Wade "..hold on....just waiting for the kettle to boil" Small, epitomised the shi.t that the club found itself in, having to endure complete wastes of snap like him, at one time he was managed by the worst manager in the clubs history, Alan fv.ckin Irvine, the cv.nt!

Jesus, they were bad bad times.

Wade Small was never managed by Alan Irvine....

Ola Tidman- can't remember if he was bad or not everyone just says he was.

Jordan Spence- On loan a few seasons back? He was not very good from what I remember.

Ashley Westwood- One of my first memories as a Wednesday fan is a dreadful back pass from him which led to goal. That's why he's in

Martin Taylor- Defended him at the time because I thought he'd come good, he never did. 

Julian Bennett- Woeful player, had a good tackle on him and a long throw, but car crash with the ball at his feet.

Gary Teale- Used to look like he was going to take on his man, but then would check back and ruin every potential attack we had.

Darren Potter- Initial loan spell great, after that absolutely awful. Defeat to Leyton Orient last game of 2010/11 season summed his time up here.

Stephen Mcphail- Actually couldn't run anymore but still managed to get a game under Dave Jones.

Paul Smith- The most boring winger I think I've ever seen. Had nothing.

Kim Olsen- 6'5 but 5'7 when he jumped.

Mamady Sidibe- Truly truly terrible. Scored once at Bolton I think but my god how he got a game for us not so long ago I do not know. Swear DJ was taking the wee wee out of us. 

Harsh on Tommy Spurr, we've had considerably worse players on the left side ( Helan ) who I wouldn't put in the worse XI since 2000, Spurr wasn't bad at all, things just went a bit stale towards the end, he moved on and played regularly in the championship for a while afterwards.

Also, that cannot be Rob Jones can it? The year we went up he was brilliant.

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

None of this year's team would get in the early 90's team. Can I be a bit unhappy now please?

Exactly. It's alright doing a "look how far we've come" thread. 

I'll start a look how far we've fallen since 1991 thread

Marcus Tudgay in goal.

Atdhe Nuhiu left back

Chris maguire centre back

Stevie May centre back

Stephen bywater right back

Lee grant left wing

Chris Kirkland centre midfield

Mama sidibe centre midfield

Miguel llera right wing

Glenn Loovens striker

Jordan Spence striker. 

1 hour ago, Lee A said:

Harsh on Tommy Spurr, we've had considerably worse players on the left side ( Helan ) who I wouldn't put in the worse XI since 2000, Spurr wasn't bad at all, things just went a bit stale towards the end, he moved on and played regularly in the championship for a while afterwards.

Also, that cannot be Rob Jones can it? The year we went up he was brilliant.

My point exactly re: Jones. Very unlucky in the final month or so to lose his place cos Llera was in goal scoring form.

Was the leader we needed at the time. Didn't hide or shirk a tackle, scored a few, formed a good partnership with Batth. 

Nothing but good memories of him.

One thing reading through this Fred is that we should be grateful for the players we now have at our disposal whilst obviously a tad disappointed that we are not playing to full potential.

Some of the players we had around 2002 and 2003 were shockers - it was a grim period. Westwood, Hendon, Beswetherick, Paul Smith and Craig Armstrong stick with me as being extremely poor.

Strip away the bravado and nice guy bit, and Reda Johnson wouldn't be far away from this team. 

We also had a fullback a few years ago, that got hooked at half time. He wouldn't have got a game on Concord Park.  

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Strip away the bravado and nice guy bit, and Reda Johnson wouldn't be far away from this team. 

We also had a fullback a few years ago, that got hooked at half time. He wouldn't have got a game on Concord Park.  

Thats unbelievably harsh, Vulva!

Weve had some shocking left backs - Beswetherick, Aranalde, Julian Bennett, Daniel Jones. That's off the top of my head. Whilst he wasn't the greatest technician, Reda always gave his all for Wednesday!

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Thats unbelievably harsh, Vulva!

Weve had some shocking left backs - Beswetherick, Aranalde, Julian Bennett, Daniel Jones. That's off the top of my head. Whilst he wasn't the greatest technician, Reda always gave his all for Wednesday!

I'd give my all. Positionally he was horrific. Great guy, but he finished the career of Purse, who covered him every week, and who was never as bad as fans made out. 

Mark Reynolds was also tripe. 

Jimmy Smith was tripe. 

Daniel Uchechi would have struggled to get a game for Jubilee. 

Still cant think of that fullback. Played 45 minutes, North Stand side and got taken off at half time. Shocking. Wasn't that long back, Dave Jones or Stuart Gray era. 

Edited by vulva

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

I'd give my all. Positionally he was horrific. Great guy, but he finished the career of Purse, who covered him every week, and who was never as bad as fans made out. 

Those 4 plus Barry-Murphy were way worse than Reda! I would also suggest Darren purse finished himself off - he was garbage from the moment he arrived. Reminded me of Ashley Westwood with his horrific defensive lapses and misplaced passes in front of the kop.

I agree his positional sense was poor and he looked cumbersome on the ball, but we've had far worse!

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Those 4 plus Barry-Murphy were way worse than Reda! I would also suggest Darren purse finished himself off - he was garbage from the moment he arrived. Reminded me of Ashley Westwood with his horrific defensive lapses and misplaced passes in front of the kop.

I agree his positional sense was poor and he looked cumbersome on the ball, but we've had far worse!

Possibly. Just think he got away with a lot because of how good a guy he was. And his goals. 

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Mark Reynolds was also tripe. 

Jimmy Smith was tripe. 

Daniel Uchechi would have struggled to get a game for Jubilee. 

Still cant think of that fullback. Played 45 minutes, North Stand side and got taken off at half time. Shocking. Wasn't that long back, Dave Jones or Stuart Gray era. 

Think it's Jordan Spence. Truly awful with us.