Getting in without paying

This was a right odd one. I Went to see Wednesday play City at Maine Road in the 90s (mid week when Warhurst broke the scoring record). Went with a mate to buy tickets at the old ticket office....Only cash purchase through a small  hatch in the wall etc. We  bought a  match ticket and a bus ticket total cost about £14 each. No idea how it happened but the women on the counter over changed both of us the same amount to the tune of more that we paid......Both me and me mate walked away scratching heads wondering what had happened, but assuming it was our mistake as both of us got the same amount back so she must know what she was doing.....Right to the point the woman summonses me mate back to say "sorry love I've over charged you here's the rest of your change.......". Proper odd, i think they did YTS then tho.

11 hours ago, yunga_swfc said:

When pigs first got electronic turnstiles the system was so flawed, 3 ppl would get in on 1 ticket easy, the 3-2 game when esajas scored that free-kick the away end was stupidly full 

Worth the no entrance fee just for the free kick:manager:

Buy an NUS card online as an alumni for £12. Although I personally did use my old Uni, there were no checks.

It won't work for students season tickets as you need evidence of your course but works absolutely fine for away games as they can't to contact your Uni for every game.

Won't give you free entry, but a significant saving. Rotherham for example cost £13.

Me and my dad always used to sit in the North Stand, 1977/78 season, until one day we were walking to the ground down Herries road a bloke gave us two tickets for the kop. Never went in the North again.

In the great 90/91 season I had a mate that worked in the ticket office on placement from university so I think I paid for a home ticket once that year. All legitimate, he was allowed two tickets for every game, more on request. Wonder if staff still get freebies?