Getting in without paying

9 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Climbed over a fence at Oakwell twice !! Used to get the x33 to Sheffield the footie special to Hillsborough then just after kick off climb over the wall by the toilets on the kop next to the South I was 14 and had little money,  just enough to get me there n back !! . Years later used to get freebies off a player now that's luxury for you !! 

Have they moved Oakwell ? lol

52 minutes ago, prowl said:

I lived on Penistone Road as a kid. My best mate and I used to go to Hillsborough when there was a match on and wait until they opened the gates to let people out. They usually did that about 15 minutes before the end so we got to watch the last quarter of an hour for free.

Sunderland fans do that 35 minutes in I heardlol

1 hour ago, Lee A said:

Mate of mine bought a ticket from another fan outside Deepdale

He gave him £15 and somehow got a 20 note back, so ended up getting paid to watch the game.

Wasn't TRIGGER from Only Fools & Horses was it ? ..... " Dave - I can get you to turn your hands over without touching em" - result - Rodney 5 quid richer :tango:

14 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Wasn't TRIGGER from Only Fools & Horses was it ? ..... " Dave - I can get you to turn your hands over without touching em" - result - Rodney 5 quid richer :tango:

:laugh: sadly no

Bloke selling the ticket had asked for £15, but my mate only had a £20

Bloke then asks around a few of his mates for a £5 note, which one of them hands over to my mate, bloke then gives him the ticket and his 20 back.

Tried to find him at other away games, would love to do business again.

3 hours ago, wednesdayok said:

Years ago late 70s early 80s sneaked into millmoor through a broken fence to watch owls win 1-0 Rodger Wylde scored,  didnt have 80 pence to get in. Any similar stories? 

Went to a few Rotherham games where everyone scrambled over the turnstiles on the Tivoli end. Was quite disappointed when I first had to pay.

1 hour ago, Lee A said:

:laugh: sadly no

Bloke selling the ticket had asked for £15, but my mate only had a £20

Bloke then asks around a few of his mates for a £5 note, which one of them hands over to my mate, bloke then gives him the ticket and his 20 back.

Tried to find him at other away games, would love to do business again.

If you find him, send me his number lol