1 Wednesday legend for the run in

31 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Alot of legends mentioned in this thread & rightly so, but I'd like to mention Michail Antonio.

Everytime he wore blue & white, I felt we was unstoppable with his pace & power. Always had a chance in every game he played.

Signed for 800k. Current value 12-15m

Yeah but we were so pants when we signed him that the other players just passed him the ball on the halfway line and then stood watching

He other ran up the other end and scored, won a corner or died of exhaustion, poor lad

We have strikers who can score so to give them the supply it has to be Waddle for me.

Would love to beef up the midfield with Shez or Calton.

A little suprised tricky Trev's  name hasnt poped up, at the height of his game he was pretty dam good.

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Incredible. I read the opening post and immediately thought of Carlton - and thought others might not include him.

That just gives you an idea of how valuable he was to us - and how well thought of he still is.

My thoughts exactly. Saw the OP, thought 'Carlton' and same as you thought he might not get much of a mention. 

Edit - And now reading the rest of the thread I'm pleased to see I couldn't be more wrong.

Edited by whatevertrevor

Can't decide between Palmer and waddle as one would improve us massively defensively and the other offensively. 

Prob Palmer as I think we've got enough to get over the line with our existing forwards if we can shore up a bit.

Nigel Pearson we probably need that no nonsense bully with bags of gritt and leadership on the pitch in abundance. As I feel that's where we're lacking the most need someone capable of organising and motivating on the pitch, with the odd kick up the backside when needed.... Oh if I'm being greedy hinchliff for left back, crossing and set piece ability. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

Not a legend as such but a player we could really do with now is someone like Antonio. Strong as an ox, very difficult to stop when fully fit.

Any of the likes of Hirst, Palmer, Nilsson, Sheridan, Waddle, Walker and many others would all do a very good job in this team no doubt.