1 Wednesday legend for the run in

Lots of worthy contenders.

Nigel Pearson would give us the leadership we lack.

Des Walker pure class.

Palmer and Sheridan would both improve us enormously.

But for me, if you are to have one player it needs to be somebody that can score or create the goals that we so desperately lack.  Therefore it has to be one of Di Canio, Waddle or Hirst.  I worry that as good as Hirst was we wouldn't give him the service so I am left with Di Canio or Waddle.

I think Waddle would be absolutely perfect for us, he would add so much to the team.  I am going to go for him.

Alot of legends mentioned in this thread & rightly so, but I'd like to mention Michail Antonio.

Everytime he wore blue & white, I felt we was unstoppable with his pace & power. Always had a chance in every game he played.

Signed for 800k. Current value 12-15m

With the type of players we have in our squad and what we currently lack..................................................................................Carlton Palmer!

What type of player do we miss the most (after FF).................Kieran Lee, who has similar qualities to Carlton.  A Palmer in his prime would boss most Champ midfields and as some have said, he'd be like 2 or 3 players!

21 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Alot of legends mentioned in this thread & rightly so, but I'd like to mention Michail Antonio.

Everytime he wore blue & white, I felt we was unstoppable with his pace & power. Always had a chance in every game he played.

Signed for 800k. Current value 12-15m

I'd go for Waddle but we definitely miss Antonio.

He's improved at West Ham and I think we'd be challenging for automatic promotion if he still played for us.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Carlton Palmer.

Excellent if needed at centre half but more importantly outstanding as a holding mid-fielder.

Carlton at this level would be a cut above, he'd protect the back 4, he'd do the work of 3 players and allow the likes of Forestieri, Reach, Wallace, Bannan and Lee (when fit) to bomb forward and support the forwards increasing our goal return too.

Definitely Carlton Palmer.

Agree.

He was also good at carrying the ball forward and then giving it to the more technical players.

He'd be tackling at right back one minute and then tackling someone on the left wing a minute later.

Edited by Eightace